Liverpool thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will be interesting to see what they do this Summer because biased as I am, I genuinely think that a remarkable number of decisions went their way which contributed to their success. The Champions League Final, with the penalty was an example. If you look back through the league season, there was a significant number of games where they played poorly and yet won because the opposing keeper had a nightmare. Remember Pickford at Anfield when the ball bounced on the crossbar, Heaton and Lloris? I think these incidents lifted Liverpool and gave them great belief.

They are a side with a good defence and they are very difficult to break down because in front of that defence they have three defensive midfielders, however this could be a weakness for them in the future because it should be relatively easy to stop Liverpool playing.

Their forward play relies a lot on two raiding fullbacks, Robertson and Trent. Stop those two getting forward and Liverpool's supply to their forwards is gone. I think they might struggle a bit next season to replicate what they have done. Although they got 97 points, I don't think they are one of the Premier League's great sides yet.

@jrb and @gordondaviesmoustache having a spat is like your parents arguing. I'm expecting one of them to take me to Jodrell Bank and tell me it's not my fault before shipping me off to live with a grandparent. I hope @oakiecokie has lots of biscuits to make me feel better
His biscuits are shite, one of those old tins of Peak Freans assorted with just the ginger nuts left.

Just joined up to talk about next season's expectations but am surprised at the level of hatred dominating these pages at us. Anyway, I think we'll run you close again; no doubt City's squad is superior and Pep is such a great manager but I do think this has been a defining season for Liverpool and we'll be there are thereabouts again. I just can't see anyone else coming close to challenging.

Oakies got a biscuit tin full of old favourites gone soft, because nodody likes them. ;-)

Just joined up to talk about next season's expectations but am surprised at the level of hatred dominating these pages at us. Anyway, I think we'll run you close again; no doubt City's squad is superior and Pep is such a great manager but I do think this has been a defining season for Liverpool and we'll be there are thereabouts again. I just can't see anyone else coming close to challenging.

wow. just wow.

Yep your team will and you have a fantastic manager which I admire but the problem for me is the majority of your supporters on social media are cretins.

Assume you're not on rawk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.