Media coverage 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's an interview with the BBC's Simon Stone on a Manchester United fan's YouTube channel. I've put it here because you can learn something about Simon Stone the journalist. I've watched similar in the past with Jamie Jackson and Henry Winter and none of them seem to have any more about them than any other fan, but Simon Stone really does know what he's talking about. He makes the very obvious points about what has happened at Man Utd post Fergie but you can see that he has some insight.

I have seen a lot of City fans comment negatively about Simon Stone's work on the BBC, or when they see him at City press conferences but journalists aren't there to promote the club, they are there to ask awkward questions.

I think Simon Stone may have been given an unfair ride in the past by City fans just because he was a prominent journalist and it's a guilt by association. I'll read his stuff in the future with a bit more respect.

44 minutes of it. No thanks, what was the gist?

Uh-oh, have wandered into unknown territory...

2vigfvp.jpg

Hold on. The biggest assumption of all, especially as it is merely an allegation which has acquired media acceptance only on the basis of circular repetition, is to assume "ownership" does not equal control.

Ownership is fact. Dispute over control is opinion. That the "opinion" is that of "experts", in this context means nothing because the term is entirely subjective. And, in this specific instance, it means anyone who agrees with McGeehan.

Conclusive evidence in the Court of Twitter.

Hold on. The biggest assumption of all, especially as it is merely an allegation which has acquired media acceptance only on the basis of circular repetition, is to assume "ownership" does not equal control.

Ownership is fact. Dispute over control is opinion. That the "opinion" is that of "experts", in this context means nothing because the term is entirely subjective. And, in this specific instance, it means anyone who agrees with McGeehan.

Which is why i cannot be bothered spending the rest of the day talking to a brick wall.... he just tweeted this about Mr (Mrs?) Rabin:

Bill, I don't know if he/she is or if he/she isn't. He/she can clear it up by saying who he/she is, of course. But for some reason he/she doesn't want to do that. You don't actually need to be an expert to clock that Mansour is an owner who isn't in charge.

I don’t see what this has to do with City, he’s calling out Qatar’s worker rights for the building of the World Cup stadiums
I don’t either

He’s had his arse handed to him which is good but uae are still lagging behind.
It’s stopped them criticising our club and fans for the time being.
I expect him to be back as soon as he realises Qatar have improved but other countries haven’t.

Which is why i cannot be bothered spending the rest of the day talking to a brick wall.... he just tweeted this about Mr (Mrs?) Rabin:

Bill, I don't know if he/she is or if he/she isn't. He/she can clear it up by saying who he/she is, of course. But for some reason he/she doesn't want to do that. You don't actually need to be an expert to clock that Mansour is an owner who isn't in charge.

You don't need to be an expert? You do however need evidence.... Then call him a cockwomble.

Nicely put.
It’s a microcosm of this whole episode, with unsubstantiated allegations taking the place of facts, and judgment being passed on the back of half-truths and lies.
Sadly it seems that this is the way of the world now, where no-one really cares about truth.

Just tell him eff off just has he reads it block the k@nt!

I block all these fcukers because bottom line what ever we tweet to them as a counter argument wont make one bit of a difference because they have there own bias/agenda and they wont change.

So if Mansour is the owner but not in control then who is? Is the insinuation that we are state controlled therefore the criticism of the UAE state becomes valid regardless of who is on the legal documents? This of course validates all the sports washing allegations also.

But then what actual difference does it make?

So if Mansour is the owner but not in control then who is? Is the insinuation that we are state controlled therefore the criticism of the UAE state becomes valid regardless of who is on the legal documents? This of course validates all the sports washing allegations also.

But then what actual difference does it make?

Our owner puts the right people in to run the club like he does with all his other businesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.