7 up programme

Cockney moves to Essex then moves to Spain... Talk about stereotypes!

Stereotypes?

Not one of them escaped their preordained rut.

Apart from tragic Neil, in a bad way.

Stereotypes?

Not one of them escaped their preordained rut.

Apart from tragic Neil, in a bad way.

It was quite sad really

The taxi driver - sound bloke grafted all of his life - married to a fat women all his life and looks like now living on a holiday park - got caught shagging a couple of times

The posh one with the nice garden - married to a women who has looked the same for 40 years and probably bored him to death - grafted like fuck to get his comfort - produced 2 kids and still working at 63

The women who has been engaged 22 years - like you say - same job forever and been a single parent - 2 kids - nothing too exciting

The poor bugger with cancer - at least he has lived in America / been to Oxford but ended up with just one kid and despite being clearly very clever is severely ill and still working at 63

Left me a bit down to be honest - I was thinking of mine and it would make more interesting viewing.

Age 7 - living in a bed and breakfast after divorce of mum and dad - poverty stricken!
Age 14 - at grammar school - Burnage chav but got a lucky break and watching city a lot
Age 21 - started career in building industry - been married and divorced already
Age 28 - married wife number 2 1 kid - doing ok
Age 35 - divorced to lesbo wife 2 - 2 kids with her and 1 kid- with a near 6ft zaza gobor type blond lunatic
Age 42 - Juggling the above and thinking I hope they come back in 7 years and I am quite boring and nothing has happened.

It is really quite profound looking forward to tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:
We were shown the original episode when I was at secondary school. I'm some 7/8 years younger. I've watched it ever since.
Neil, I think, has always been the one most were interested in.....at one point I didn't want to know what happened to him, but I was glad he got through it and survived.
I'm not sure I'd want to see it again in 7 years. I know one has died since the last series and the inevitable decline of the others as they get older will be hard to watch.
I know that's life etc but it's bloody hard when you see them when they were young.

Age 7-- being raised by Grandparents
Age 14-- at Grammar School
Age 21-- divorced single parent of 3 year old boy. Working in Civil Service
Age 28-- Still working in Civil Service. Looking to buy first house
Age 35-- mortgage and remarried
Age 42-- bored shitless with marriage and all that marriage brings. Discovered Bluemoon.
Age 49-- escaped. Still in Civil Service though, so not entirely.

What a waste of air time the scouser was towards the end of tonight’s program. Copped out until 56up and shamelessly said he’d returned to promote his band.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.