UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure this would be particularly effective tbh.

Let’s say PSG go out and the owner subsidises 100m of transfers in the summer-

The owner would have to put a further 100m into the kitty which I imagine would be divvied up between the 32 teams in the competition - about 3 million per club. Hardly going to ‘assist’ those clubs greatly is it? Hardly enough to ‘stop’ an owner splurging if he wants to / can afford to.

Yes the owner would have to pay out a further 100m, but let’s have it right if he’s happy to splash 100m on shiny new toys and that’s the level of wealth we’re dealing with, he’s hardly going to shit himself about another 100m is he?

Wouldn’t it also be a way of ‘bypassing’ FFP rules as effectively the subsidised buying would be being done ‘outside of’ FFP?
Yes, but say Juve or Inter wanted to spend £200m.
Would they then be paying an additional £200m in tax?
Ceferin had better be careful, those Italians know how to get rid of high flying political types

If UEFA got the ban in first we would ordinarily appeal to CAS at that point. But am I right in thinking that once a case goes to CAS and we were to lose we give up on the right to then subsequently take UEFA to court?

If so, by being preemptive at this point and before any ban, we get the issues about the "process" over at this stage and still retain legal threat over any subsequent ban if we lose at CAS. Just a thought but I might be hopelessly wrong but hopefully means we get 2 bites of the cherry.

Yes. All conjecture at this stage, but if we get knocked back on our appeal against the process we have to await the punishment and then appeal that on, for example, disproportionality.

Sensible way to do it, because if we win at this stage, they don't get to air their (trumped up) case (and provoke the consequent media smear campaign) at all.

Of course the story has to be dropped by Rob Harris (him of the shit question in Pep's presser post Fa Cup final.

2i8izo8.jpg

Without going into too much detail here, I can't get to grips with why UEFA should pretend to be acting in the best interests of the game by attempting to punish City for the club doing what supporters everywhere wish their own clubs to do, i.e having it's owners putting money into a club in the interests of reaching the game's pinnacle. I am yet to see UEFA taking similar action at lower levels by prosecuting those owners who asset strip their clubs and leave them floundering and on the edge of total collapse. Locally it's Bury and Bolton who are their doldrums and at both clubs their players and background staff are not being paid. I am yet to see UEFA marching in there to sort out the mess but I have the feeling that I will be long gone and dead before they do.

Ok so this CAS referral actually reinforces the idea that Juventus were waiting on the UEFA decision to get Pep. It also removes any possibility they will get him as UEFA can not now hand out a punishment until CAS has heard all the evidence. I'm assuming that the appeal is based on the fact that it was passed to the adjudicatory panel then another appeal, if that fails, is possible based on the severity of the punishment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.