UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't get how this being even considered.
1. UEFA have broken the (presumably signed) confidentiality agreement a number of times.
2. Alleged evidence has been obtained illegally
3. The case was originally tried and sanctions given

Sorry - only a basic legal understanding but is it just that its not actually a court of law, but just a court of made up rules?
This might only be a case of wishful thinking but, to be a contrarian, maybe with a lawsuit backed by 'an oil rich state' will run rings around UEFA and could actually be something that body would quietly be hoping for in order to silence those individuals or clubs who complain about City the most. I'm sure that UEFA's executives are really like the rest of the human race and a hopeful of living a happy, peaceful, well-paid job with plenty of perks and that they would not wish this existence to be spoiled by some spoiled brats who wish to upset the apple cart.

From the AP article, I found the following comment interesting.
https://apnews.com/f82796098ff24e01b180a193c09a4d26
Quote:
A separate person with knowledge of the case said City has provided conflicting answers to some questions to investigators before the case was sent to the UEFA chief judge Jose Narciso da Cunha Rodrigues of Portugal, who also sits at the European Court of Justice in Luxembourg.
Proof positive that someone at UEFA is leaking to the press!

Last edited:
They only care about teams entering UEFA competitions. If Bolton won the FA Cup this year they wouldn't have been allowed enter the Europa league.

There is nothing to stop a trillionaire buying Sunderland and making gigantic losses for 3 years and then qualifying for the CL in a further 3 years once they have stabilise the finances.
Your 10 posts since joining have been pitiful and generally full of bollocks.
Who do you support?

Is it just me that thinks this is just more media bollox. We know from past cases that CAS will review both the process and the punishment, so there's no need to go for 'two bites at the cherry'. It also seems a bit hypocritical to accuse them of not following due process then preempt it ourselves? What are we taking to CAS anyway, if no decision has been published or punishment handed out?

I think this is the crux of the matter, the fact is that Uefa have challenged us over specific issues, we have gone back with a detailed dossier based on facts. And in our opinion we are in the right. The fact that Uefa have then passed the case to the chamber means that the investigation has been completed and they have found against us. Therefore the decision has been made it is now just down to the punishment to be decided. We are basically saying that any punishment will be viewed as being unacceptable and therefore we are appealing regardless of the penalty being expulsion from the CL or a £100k fine.

I am leaning more to the transfer window situation the more i think about it, there was the comment today regarding Felix and and us wanting clarrification of FFP.
Maybe the uncertainty is causing a couple of potential signings to hold back from committing to a deal. If this appeal stops Uefa in their tracks then fair play.

They only care about teams entering UEFA competitions. If Bolton won the FA Cup this year they wouldn't have been allowed enter the Europa league.

There is nothing to stop a trillionaire buying Sunderland and making gigantic losses for 3 years and then qualifying for the CL in a further 3 years once they have stabilise the finances.

It's pretty obvious the poster was pointing out the priorities within football are all wrong, some would say corrupt.

Absolutely zero chance of them allowing us to even get near the final if this is still hanging over us

And how would they do that?
It’s not as if they could manipulate VAR!
Say a player scored a goal off their arm then it would be ruled out using VAR, so there’s no way they could stop us!

:-p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.