UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a quick question.
In 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013, where was the accusation from these journalists about human rights, sportwashing and a country abusing it's own people?
Well??

They can't us the money line too much these days after the money Rags and Liverpool spent. Something new had to be introduced. Cheats. Human riights. And stuff like that.

Interesting facts -
The latest story which states that City have taken this to CAS was broken by The Associated Press (AP) a U.S.-based not-for-profit news agency headquartered in New York City .
A source with knowledge of the case told the AP that City had provided conflicting answers to some questions.
The article which broke on the 13th May saying City were to face a ban by UEFA for breaching FFP, broke in the New York Times , following information given to them by someone close to the investigation.
The link New York and UEFA
Fenway sports owners of Liverpool football club and New York Times previously one of the largest shareholders in Fenway and Liverpool FC.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_assets_owned_by_The_New_York_Times_Company
Liverpools former CEO Rick Parry and lifelong Liverpool fan is on the board of New York Cosmos. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Parry
Rick Parry is also on the UEFA investigatory panel investigating City for breaches of FFP.
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...ormer-liverpool-chief-executive-rick-16279096
Is it a coincidence that the leaks are coming from news agencies in New york from someone close to the investigation.
Is the source of all the shit being thrown from Fenway, Liverpool and Parry ??? Not our neighbours from Trafford.
Quite possibly so, yes. We're being bullied from several clubs home and abroad and Liverpool is definitely one of them.

I support Manchester City thank you very much. I'm a long time lurker, but the only stuff I'm interested is in stuff like this. I'm a referee in Dublin, so i generally look at things from a different perspective. I would read a lot of other teams forums for what they make of FFP, VAR and the likes. I find it genuinely intriguing, to be honest the nonsense about players, managers, dippers, rags doesn't interest me, I've seen enough players come and go over the year's that I can take it in my stride. You won't find me posting in a Leroy Sane thread for example because I don't give a bollox, if he stays great, if he's goes then life goes on.

I only joined to compliment City Rabin on his excellent work but also to speak out about the embarrassing childish (probably racist) puns about curry and nan bread. With every journalist with any interest in this watching I thought it looked particularly bad.
Yet you’ve not posted in any of the ref/VAR threads?
So far you’ve only posted in here, in the Khaldoon end of season thread and the football leaks thread.
I can’t find any posts of yours where you “compliment City Rabin” or where you “speak out about the embarrassing childish (probably racist) puns about curry and nan bread.“ Can you point me in the direction of those posts?

UEFA 100% have to ban us from their competition , the pressure from the elite clubs and the fact they would look incredibly stupid if we were allowed to allegedly flout their laws , i can see a minimum 12 month ban from 20-21 season the irony would be if we win it next season , they would have to ban the holders of the competition. Our club will certainly go to CAS and beyond to prove their innocence , UEFA are basically saying we are cheats and liars and that will be defended to the hilt by ADUG , this is going to get interesting.

Manchester City has launched a legal challenge to block UEFA’s pursuit of a Champions League ban for violating football’s spending regulations. Officials have asked the Court of Arbitrarion of Sport to throw out the case that has been passed by UEFA to it’s judges. [@AP]

City are challenging UEFA’s right to send the Financial Fair Play case from the investigatory to adjudicatory chamber for a sanction to be imposed. Officials at the club claim there is no case to answer, challenging the legitimacy and haste of the investigation.

UEFA’s ruling on Manchester City is expected in the next 7-10 days. An AC ‘Milan-esque’ situation with an appeal to the CAS is possible. It is ‘difficult’ to see Manchester City not playing in the Champions League next season.

For those trying to catch up
Thanks, that's great, but what's happening on Love Island?

Call me greedy but I don’t want City to be just cleared in all this, I want this history loving, brown envelope passing, last minute rule changing sham of an organisation that is UEFA brought to its knees and scrapped.

Even if we are cleared before it goes to court or the CAS, the cheating, lying bastards will just revert to their tried and trusted plan A and f*ck us over on the pitch.

I live in the hope that this move by City exposes them for what they are, a closed shop old boys club with a vested financial interest in maintaining a select number of football clubs within their competition, which basically makes it a monopoly.

All’s I know is no team is the history of world sports has ever got this level of negative press and threats of sanctions due to being highly successful. What a fucking world we live in.

Can’t believe with all this going on that some fans say we shouldn’t boo the cl jingle. That’s the bare minimum we should do, someone should sort a massive banner out insulting these grasping venal cvnts, thousands of blues would happily chip in.

The article is by Rob Harris

https://apnews.com/f82796098ff24e01b180a193c09a4d26

"The Premier League champions have asked the Court of Arbitration for Sport to throw out the case that has been passed by UEFA’s investigators to its judges, people with knowledge of the case told the AP. They spoke on condition of anonymity because the details of the ongoing investigation are confidential.

City is challenging UEFA’s right to send the Financial Fair Play case from the investigatory to adjudicatory chamber for a sanction to be imposed, the people said. The Abu Dhabi-owned club is claiming there is no case to answer, challenging the legitimacy and haste of the investigation.

City declined to comment when asked about taking the case to CAS but had previously said the referral to the judicial branch “ignores a comprehensive body of irrefutable evidence provided by Manchester City.”
Abu Dhabi owned club. I despair. I'm off to invest in Jacksons garden tools business The value of spades is going up and up with all these digs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.