UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This was more or less the official reason, but the motivation behind it IMO was a bit of geopolitical mudslinging by the US against Russia and their World Cup bid. Which was obviously corrupt but I imagine the Feds thought they could find a lot more embarrassing material in that.

I certainly would accept that it might have been partly out of irritation at the Russia/Qatar stitch-up. I think it more likely that they decided that some corruption could be identified and that it would help in getting even.

You're assuming that UEFA have broken an agreement. Is there something that makes you think they have (I haven't seen anything one way or the other)?

Unless the club think laying out what happeend will help them, I think they'll shut up about the whole thing.
City only agreed to the original sanction to take "a pinch" they made it quite clear as to why they were doing it and what the repercussions were if it was was ever reopened. I think City's statement at the time was pretty clear.

City only agreed to the original sanction to take "a pinch" they made it quite clear as to why they were doing it and what the repercussions were if it was was ever reopened. I think City's statement at the time was pretty clear.
Was a mistake on our part. Said at the time accepting any sort of santion adds legitimacy to the premise of FFP and UEFA thinking they have a right to audit a club's finances. Wish we had took them to court originally but better late then never.

regarding the tarnished image I dont think there is anything we could do.... The damage is done, maybe the only way would be to blow FFP apart for what it is, let the general football fan know why it's there, and how its in everyones interests to end it.

Or maybe just pull out of thte thing.... I mean a competition that can be won by teams who havent ever won their domestic title is a bit of a joke tbh..... "Champions" my arse. We dont need the money, in fact it would mean we could splash the cash like the big boys and not worry. Our press dept could get the message out there on exactly how much of an advantage, quantifiably, is given to the big teams with FFP, so we're not playing anymore.
Well I think the two solutions I suggested would help... as I said it wont be a quick fix but the truth will catch on with enough people eventually, if done right.

I genuinely believe City feel they did prove to UEFA they have operated within the rules. I think it's obvious City have in the past tried to find ways around FFP to get us where we are now(self sustaining, in profit, one of the highest revenues in the sport) but as long as they did so without breaking the rules laid out, there is no case to answer and that should be championed by all blues. Find a way to beat the corrupt system and keep their hands clean, that's exactly what every other club is doing or wants to do.

As for letting the general football fan know, I've seen plenty of United fans admit why FFP was put in place, they already know. They hide behind "yeah but if you agree to the rules you have to follow them, everyone else is", the trouble with that is, they aren't following the rules because they think it's good for the game or any of that sugarcoated nonsense, they just know they couldn't outspend us without FFP in place.

I think pulling out of the CL would be the worst thing to do personally. It's not just about the money we get directly from it.

Last edited:
I felt that it should have been challenged at the time as by accepting this pinch, we were accepting some level of guilt. As 2014 keeps getting a mention, maybe it gave UEFA something to beat us with.

I’d hardly call it a technicality if the entire investigation is shown to be bent.
I think you know what I mean though. We haven't been cleared of wrong doing if the case is thrown out due to them not following their own protocols, rather than us proving it was all bullshit.

Well I think the two solutions I suggested would help... as I said it wont be a quick fix but the truth will catch on with enough people eventually if done right.

I genuinely believe City feel they did prove toe UEFA they have operated within the rules. I think it's obvious City have in the past tried to find ways around it but as long as they did so without breaking the rules laid out, there is no case to answer and that should be championed by all blues. Find away to beat the corrupt system and keep their hands clean, that's exactly what every other club is doing or wants to do.

As for letting the general football fan know, I've seen plenty of United fans admit why FFP was put in place, they already know. They hide behind "yeah but if you agree to the rules you have to follow them, everyone else is", the trouble with that is, they aren't following the rules because they think it's good for the game or any of that sugarcoated nonsense, they just know they couldn't outspend us without FFP in place.

I think pulling out of the CL would be the worst thing to do personally. It's not just about the money we get directly from it.
Most football fans know exactly why FFP was put in place. The only ones really kicking off about it at the moment are the scousers because they're crying about losing the league to us. And as much as I can't stand the CL, agree 100%. The main reason I want us to win that fucking thing is just to piss UEFA off.

Was a mistake on our part. Said at the time accepting any sort of santion adds legitimacy to the premise of FFP and UEFA thinking they have a right to audit a club's finances. Wish we had took them to court originally but better late then never.

I totally agree but I believe that our CEO thought that back then it would be an end to the matter as we would then kick-on to start being self-sufficient, all this whilst the FFP goal posts changed at the latest hour

This fresh attack from those involved is just pure jealousy - Now I would fully understand if FFP were about stopping ownership in the wrong way, that if an owner pulled out of a club, such club would fold and cease to exist (as FFP was originally in its old form or intended old form)

However, FFP has been changed so that UEFA are safeguarding the very existence of the established powers in world football and not allowing an owner with all the best intentions to build a successful club, brand etc and challenge for silverware

Its corrupt and rotten to the core and its led by a gaggle of teams and those links for those teams in the halls of power

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.