UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This trolling twat isn’t a city fan @Parisian and fuck knows why he’s still posting in this forum. He’s the Arsenal/Bayern fan that’s as welcome a fart in a lift.

Had hoped he would be banned by now, horrible troll

I give the chances of City and UEFA being in cahoots at slightly less than a snowball in hell.

This....

"Uefa were stunned and surprised by the turn of events which came out of the blue and had not been flagged in advance to them"

Would I be right in saying this is journalistic shorthand for UEFA's position and does not appear in any official communique from UEFA?

Dan Roan mentions a ban that hasn't been mentioned by any official sources, inadvertently supporting City's view that a ban will be recommended with little study of the evidence.

Or the ban has been leaked as has the whole procedure, (or lack of one.)

That's the more coherent form of argument (realised 2 minutes after posting).

How does Roan know that UEFA have recommended a ban unless that info has been leaked?
If that info has been leaked then it's been leaked by UEFA.
If UEFA have leaked info then they haven't followed due process.

Unless Roan is posing a guess that UEFA will recommend a ban as fact (shoddy journalism). And why would he guess that unless he's been given information that should have been confidential as per UEFA's due process?

MEN.

CAS is arbitration so [normally] there has to have been a ruling made before CAS get involved, so it does seem a pre-emptive strike," said Kieran Maguire, a football finance expert at the University of Liverpool.

"In a sense, it's a defensive move from City - and it's perfectly valid. They feel that they have complied with all the relevant rules and that they've been picked on by certain clubs.

"The head of La Liga has been very vocal and the head of UEFA seems to want to pick a fight, with City and PSG easy targets. Going to CAS suggests City are getting all their ducks in a row.

"The application makes sense from a City point of view and also sends a signal to UEFA that they mean business."
Thick or what? UEFA have made a rulling, the Investigatory Chamber kicked it upstairs to Adjudicatory Chamber for sentencing- may I add breaking a number FFP process rules in doing so.

The 100 page dossier City submitted looks like the hot potatoe EUFA wanted to avoid so quickly booted it upstairs on the basis it fell outside their remit whilst pleasing their chums, and leaving it until the last day so no comeback on them.

Who knows what are the specific EUFA claims against City? In reply, evidence and context being made in the dossier to refute the allegations that City claim to have been ignored. We can only speculate but UEFA have found a way out whilst certain football clubs, media sycophants and individuals are firmly in the cross hairs.

There are people, especially in the media and also connected to football clubs, who should be worried about the outcome if the City claim about breach of process is up held and cartels, conspiracies, corruption and breaches in competive law comes to the fore.

My view is that this is down to the neutrality of the process. It cannot be right to have representatives of your biggest rivals on the panel that decides guilt or innocence. It cannot be right that the case is allowed to be publically aired by the media during the investigation. All of this is akin to a biased jury and inability to receive a fair trial due to the prior release of evidence.
I am delighted that we have lodged an appeal against the investigation. I feel that this could be the beginning of the end for the current incarnation of FFP.
I can't imagine those are serious objectives tbh. The presence of rivals in the governing body is pretty inevitable in sporting governance, and the 'biased jury' argument falls down because this is not, in fact, a jury trial. Not to say there will not be valid objections.

I hope and pray everyone’s optimism is rightly placed, but finding it hard to comprehend how everyone is automatically assuming that CAS will throw this out.

The 100 page dossier City submitted looks like the hot potatoe EUFA wanted to avoid so quickly booted it upstairs on the basis it fell outside their remit whilst pleasing their chums, and leaving it until the last day so no comeback on them.

Who knows what are the specific EUFA claims against City? In reply, evidence and context being made in the dossier to refute the allegations that City claim to have been ignored. We can only speculate but UEFA have found a way out whilst certain football clubs, media sycophants and individuals are firmly in the cross hairs.

There are people, especially in the media and also connected to football clubs, who should be worried about the outcome if the City claim about breach of process is up held and cartels, conspiracies, corruption and breaches in competive law comes to the fore.
Could it be that they are that stupid they just ignored it and moved it upstairs so that they could meet their 5 year timescales?

I can't imagine those are serious objectives tbh. The presence of rivals in the governing body is pretty inevitable in sporting governance, and the 'biased jury' argument falls down because this is not, in fact, a jury trial. Not to say there will not be valid objections.

sniff sniff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.