UEFA Nations League Finals | 19:45 - Final - Portugal vs Netherlands (Page 164)

totally disagree, if they can tell someone is an inch offside then to then not give it would be ludicrous for me. Went against us this time, but taking that away from the discussion it was the right call... Close but the right call

As is your right but then we need VAR to spot every single thing on the pitch at all times to get the correct calls 100% right 100% of the time.

An inch offside still falls under the advantage to the attacking team for me, it still marginal and still on perceived pictures shown only after the event and if it is taking a guy in a TV room 3 minuted to decide then it is really to close to call, again in my opinion.

There are still compelling footage hinting that Aguero wasn't offside because of the speed he was moving back to get onside and then the ball going the opposite way, of course it is tough shit as it was disallowed but decisions that are that close are not what it is about for me.

Think the 3 yard offside Liverpool got earlier in the season or the Spurs two v us a season or two back, they were disgraceful decisions.

You can simply play the slow motion backwards. So it IS possible to stop the picture where and when you want it. Actually I am working with a video programme that has the exact same possibility.
At 25 FPS ? Which is what they are using

0*J6gSgfMyPLMWMeZL.png
cacee394c274a81c595cd646e6e469fdf97193c9f6bc783911c837b00bc417e8.jpg

Exactly right, and it means they can stop the screen at the moment that suits the decision they want to give, ertainly for close offsides anyway - as I posted a minute ago, I guarantee that they could have shown a still from a millisecond earlier where the ball would still look like it was leading the passer’s boot and Lingard would have been onside.

With cricket they do the “rock and roll’ where they show the shots one frame back and forwards, I know it’s not as easy with football but it just never seems to get questioned as to when does the ball leave the passer.
I actually said the other day that if they really wanted transparency, every offside decision replay would be a slow ‘slideshow’ to show that they assessed it at the correct frame.

Otherwise it can be easily manipulated.

Then again, it’s only a matter of time before they can quickly manipulate the video completely (a mate of mine actually works on “deep fake” research and some of the videos he has shown me that they have been able to produce are genuinely frightening).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.