Matthijs de Ligt

Made a big mistake on the pen, but apart from that he did well. Great goal and completely pocketed Kane. The kid is 19, has more than 100 games for Ajax, has scored against Germany, England, Spurs and Juve this season and is the captain of Ajax at 19. He makes a few mistakes, but he is an immense talent. 7 years younger than Maguire, and already much better. Just a shame that his agent is a dickhead

Regardless of who his agent is I think once in a while we need to get one of the stars or upcoming stars. We always deem them so expensive especially when agent fees are involved but the investment is for minimum 6 years+....Examples of us not paying for the likes of hazard, sanchez (1st time round) etc because of fee when looking back the return would of been great especially in hazards case. Noone cares about the fee after a season if the player is performing great.

Despite his mistake I thought he was absolutely insane tonight for his age. He would be some asset in our defence if we were able to get him

This kid made a big mistake resulting in giving a penalty away yet he was still miles ahead of our other rumoured target. Despite the mistake you can see his class, would be worth breaking the bank for. He’s the perfect Kompany replacement, we need to be going all in for him

Pep could be increasingly worried about Stones after this last performance and all that's going on with his mentality over the years and this season as a new chapter after what seemed like overcoming it in 2017-18.

I'd like to think he has it in him, and I know De Ligt wasn't brilliant last game either, but he's been more consistent in big games for his club, where as Stonesy wasn't even getting into the team.

I know one game is one game, but this is the type of performance that could really set him back if he's not careful and Pep likes Nico as a backup not his 2nd centre half because of the mistakes and passing not up to par at times.

I'm now of the belief we could really push on for De Ligt given the possible challenges of other clubs given their other needs, and not so great aspect of playing for Utd.

Are PSG and/or Juve dark horses? Juve's defence is ancient and Sarri would love someone like him for his style of play.

I think the PL for the coming years will be a heavy weight contest between Liverpool and ourselves. This guy is a potential game changer. IMO he looks superior to Maquire in every respect.

He did rashly dive in for the penalty last night, but he is only 19 and will learn from that, overall he showed tremendous class and maturity, scoring a very good goal.

I would like to think Ajax, Barca and ourselves play in a similar style, I really think he could greatly enhance our game for many years. It would be a disaster if he went to Liverpool to partner VVD. Pep would love to have De Ligt in his side and it would really help De Ligt to fulfill his world class potential.

I think the PL for the coming years will be a heavy weight contest between Liverpool and ourselves. This guy is a potential game changer. IMO he looks superior to Maquire in every respect.

He did rashly dive in for the penalty last night, but he is only 19 and will learn from that, overall he showed tremendous class and maturity, scoring a very good goal.

I would like to think Ajax, Barca and ourselves play in a similar style, I really think he could greatly enhance our game for many years. It would be a disaster if he went to Liverpool to partner VVD.

I thought he was Barcelona bound?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.