Media coverage 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like to think VVD was booed because nobody likes Liverpool and the media can't bring themselves to see it.

Some say, people boo the big players but they have to be a good and a bit of a cocky twat to get that, the media arse kissing did probably play a part though. People don't like being told to kiss ass with the media in general.

Actually saw Loftus-Cheek’s injury in person (during a Chelsea friendly here. Captain of my league team is a Chav ( ;-) ) and took the team — didn’t look promising at the time and even said I thought he could have done his Achilles.

Very unlucky, as he was starting to press for an England place.

Yeah, it was unfortunate.

The fact that it was so avoidable/needless made it so much worse.

Absolutely spot on. Get their mistakes out of the way playing for the perennial losers surrounded by jokers like Henderson and Lingaard.
I was only half watching the game but I did get the impression with Stones’ hesitancy in defence, that there was a reluctance to do the simple pass back to Pickford.
With City he would have no reservations about giving it to Ed.

It happened a few times that England seemed like they were told to play it out from the back but where we would be used to seeing our defenders take the required positions to give options, there was just no out ball. The defenders were miles apart and no triangles being formed with the keeper.
Then the last goal proved just why the trust isn’t there. If you don’t have a midfield that can play that football then your defenders are always going to be the ones that are made look stupid in the end.

Stones was poor. So was Walker. But I just didn’t see confidence in the system if you could call it a system.
Lack of trust.

Stones was shocking tbh.

But actually the post-match discussion centred more around the lack of technical ability in midfield, which was evident when Barkley couldn't handle a good pass into him by Stones.[/QUOTE

Its more positioning than technical at the moment.
Don’t be too hard on Barkley, I’ve seen Fernandinho do similar.

I was only half watching the game but I did get the impression with Stones’ hesitancy in defence, that there was a reluctance to do the simple pass back to Pickford.
With City he would have no reservations about giving it to Ed.

It happened a few times that England seemed like they were told to play it out from the back but where we would be used to seeing our defenders take the required positions to give options, there was just no out ball. The defenders were miles apart and no triangles being formed with the keeper.
Then the last goal proved just why the trust isn’t there. If you don’t have a midfield that can play that football then your defenders are always going to be the ones that are made look stupid in the end.

Stones was poor. So was Walker. But I just didn’t see confidence in the system if you could call it a system.
Lack of trust.
That’s spot on.
Stones is only poor when he dwells on the ball. Usually waiting for movement. Never happens at city.
Pickford is a weak link and nobody wants to give him the ball as it takes five minutes to get it back off the opposition.
Media will be all over stones.

From the BBC,

Liverpool’s Virgil van Dijk, mercilessly and totally inexplicably jeered by England's fans all night,

Was Sterling being booed ever described in such a way, *****!
Spot on mate, nobody gave a shit when Raheem was getting fragged every time he touched a ball, regardless of what shirt he was wearing ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.