João Félix

I didn't see the game, but Bernardo has indeed not looked anywhere near what he really is in that side during the WC.

The way the manager had them play football was not really conducive to his skills and he was also invisible. Sounds like they've still not gone more attacking which seems odd given the talent they have in those areas now.

Leads me also to wonder how that would impact Felix, so I might be reluctant to make too much of a so so performance.
I didn't see the game, but Bernardo has indeed not looked anywhere near what he really is in that side during the WC.

The way the manager had them play football was not really conducive to his skills and he was also invisible. Sounds like they've still not gone more attacking which seems odd given the talent they have in those areas now.

Leads me also to wonder how that would impact Felix, so I might be reluctant to make too much of a so so performance.

While it is difficult to form an argument when a player scores 3, To take a long term
We play a different system than most and our coach is the best in the world. One thing that players always say is that Pep makes the game simple. You have a very specific task in the team and the team has very specific objectives. What is not simple is actually being able to do it: that requires a very specific skillset of high technical proficiency and an exemplary work ethic. If we manage to sign Felix, it will only be because Pep believes that he has what it takes. Judging a player in other games, one-offs at that, is not recommended, especially when the team plays nothing like the team we are.

A very good post.
I don't watch that much European football now that sky doesn't cover it, and I wouldn't judge him on last night's performance.
It was very difficult in that set up to look good, everyone moves, runs, passes, to help out Ronaldo,
Last night you couldn't argue with the results, but very few could prosper in that formation.

Sorry for the technical malfunction, I enjoyed your post.
Portugal have many good players, and more that are young and have potential.
If they continue trying to play around Ronaldo, in 3 years time at the World cup they will fail, but of course they are in a catch 22 situation, they cannot get rid, he is too big a star.
They should be planning for 22 now, playing a different style, without Ronaldo.

Never seen him play so can't comment, but from what I've read on here he's not very good at anything.
So the question arises, what do Pep and Txiki see in him that they would consider paying over £100 mill for him.
One thing that crosses my mind is that Pep likes players with footballing intelligence, maybe that is what he has that a lot people are missing.
Too many silly comments. His movement and vision is borderline world class.

Too many silly comments. His movement and vision is borderline world class.
He's nothing special athletically though, so putting him into a Mbappe category makes no sense. He's not a next Messi/Ronaldo, more like next Rui Costa. Which isn't bad at all, but the current hype doesn't reflect his true level.

Anyway, if Pep knows how to fit Felix into the team, we should take a punt on this kid.

He's nothing special athletically though, so putting him into a Mbappe category makes no sense. He's not a next Messi/Ronaldo, more like next Rui Costa. Which isn't bad at all, but the current hype doesn't reflect his true level.

Anyway, if Pep knows how to fit Felix into the team, we should take a punt on this kid.
£105 million is not a punt

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.