Fully fit England first 11?

SambaStyle

Surely you want to pick players who are used to playing with each other week in week out if possible and to fit a good system.

-----------Pickford------------

Walker----Stones---Maguire----Delph

Milner------Henderson----Maddison

Sterling-----Kane------Sancho

3 of the 4 back 4 of City (synergy already). Milner and Henderson in midfield (Liverpool pairing), know what they are doing and are work horses, Maddison is a talented and creative player to round them out. Sterling and Sancho can be similar to Sterling and Sane, or play similar to Mane and Salah. Kane up top is lethal. They can easily play a possession based game, and also, a counter attacking or pressing game. All of the players above play for sides who like to keep the ball and know how to use it, no more route one for England.

Trent is one for the future, Alli wouldn't fit this system, I can accept Chilwell at left back. He'd also be used to playing with Maguire week in, week out.

Pickford
Walker Stones Maguire Chilwell
TAA Henderson
Sancho Foden Sterling
Rashford

Best of a bad bunch. No good pivots so play with two in front of the defence, Alexander Arnold can play that role. Foden more mobile than Alli, Kane has to play but Rashford would probably be my choice.

-----------Gunn------------

Walker----Stones---Maguire----Shaw

Winks------Henderson----Maddison/Rice

Sterling-----Kane------Sancho

Haven’t checked if Gunn is eligible but he is a good keeper and quality with his feet, Winks can actually play football in midfield. For all the stick we give him Shaw is a decent left back and would have looked very good if he had Pep or Poch coaching him.

Walker ahead of Arnold...

Pickford
Arnold Stones Maguire Milner
Foden Loftus Maddison
Sterling Kane Sancho

I wouldnt have Pickford in the squad never mind starting, he's shite, total flapper and his positioning is awful ...
Not to mention his distribution - every kick-out seems to end up with him with his hand in the air shouting "Sorry".
I'd also change the manager.

If you're gonna play out from the back and need someone to keep the ball, you need to play Winks in midfield. That said, I actually think England would be better if they spent less time on the ball and play as a counterattacking team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.