John Stones - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still don't know!
Let's agree Stones was poor last night and didn't finish well last season -due to injuries or personal issues.
But the first half of the season he was superb and many on here were saying we had centre of defence covered for years. Now apparently he is shit and we should spend £90m on McGuire.

Still don't know!
Let's agree Stones was poor last night and didn't finish well last season -due to injuries or personal issues.
But the first half of the season he was superb and many on here were saying we had centre of defence covered for years. Now apparently he is shit and we should spend £90m on McGuire.

Apparently, if we are buying Maguire, that's not something me or you decided, but some more "in the know" than us. If it happens, than it looks they don't think Stones is good enough to be a first choice anymore. Unfortunately, as option to have defence covered for 7-8 years was much, much better.

People are just stating the fact, some, not the mighty knowers, that he was awful last night. It's not people's problem that knowers don't want anyone stating the fucking fact and using tribal loyalty to blame everyone else but him for his mistakes.

He was not good, he's not good for some time, desperately lacks consistency and it was proved by Pep not trusting him in the season finish. It happened the second season in the row and that's what is the bad thing. Stones is one of my favorite guys in that team, but he has a problem and if he doesn't fix it, it won't finish good for him. 25 years old, three season at the club and it's all but going up with his career. He's coming fast to Lingaard territory of averageness.
Jesus christ,Vinny and eric brought the season home,eric is the best and vinny for his leadership and way to say farewell,it's no slight on john or nico

Not gonna really judge someone playing internationals with another team after being back from injury for not that long.

I will judge Stones when next season starts and see how he gets on, these internationals are nothing to me, also been a while that some of these guys played.

John Stones is one of our own. Don't get dragged into the national obsession of the British media and fans of other clubs to destroy certain players. They tried their best with Raheem and he battled through, I suspect John will do the same. It comes to something when our future captain - KDB - has to come out and tell it how it is. Englands midfield played like championship players and are not capable of taking the ball under pressure plus the keeper is not on the same level as Ederson. I look forward to a good year for Stones and will support his even more.

From what I watched of the game against Portugal ( and I thought the England team were poor ), it is obvious that the midfield players and keeper are nowhere near the level of the players that Stones is used to playing with at City.

Stones didn't have a good game , but the players he would normally be able to rely on just are not there in the England set-up. and playing it out from the back is not the norm , but something that Southgate is trying to introduce .

Also as alluded too by OPs , the media love for picking on a City player does have some considerable bearing on the headline comments.

Saw one instance were Stones got hemmed in at the back no one offering him a place to pass too, it shows how easy it is to get into trouble when those around you don’t know how to play football the best way apart from hoof from the back. Stones will be fine after a good run with Laporte.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.