Evidence for religion

It is a well known scientific observation that the human brain searches for and puts meaning onto things that are not there. So faces in clouds or potatoes for instance.
The same with prayer.
If I were to make a general prayer tonight and tomorrow woke to find that something good had happened well there it is - prayer answered.
Meanwhile how many prayers have not been answered?
Correct. Part of our evolutionary makeup is the ability to make meaning out of things - and learn from it.

When we encounter knowledge gaps we make stuff up to fill them so as to allow us to continue onwards without being paralysed by fear of the unknown. The basic root of our fight/flight/freeze reaction is our default treatment of the unknown as a threat until otherwise evidenced. Sometimes we get it ‘wrong’.

Sometimes we deliberately make stuff up to fill these gaps as it seems useful.
Sometimes the stories get shared and accepted as fact.

End of the day, our whole experiential existence is built upon stories - which when broken down to the physical level don’t really exist. They are just metaphysical interpretations of our individual experiences that we have been ‘lucky’ enough as a species to be able to generate.

Then again, I’m always open to the fact that I could be ‘wrong’.

If there is a god then he is like a child with an ant farm; every now and then he shakes it and watches us piss ourselves with fear as we panic like fuck and try to figure out what’s going on and how to fix it.

If anyone is thinking of a career change then the ministry is a nice little number to get into. Money is banging with loads of overtime and donations and you get a massive house called a vicarage with big walled gardens and everyone respects you and talks to you in a softly spoken reverent voice ... Hello Father Bob how are you doing today lad and if I may say so that was an excellent sermon .. And then after you fook off all your Sunday parishioners you can go back to the vestry and watch the rest of the footie on the big screen TV with not a care in the world .. Its not exactly graft is it and when I was an alter boy our priest did pretty much zilch except chat shit in Latin and bang out a few funerals.. I wish I had have been a minister and the nearest I ever got was having a wannabee priest as a mate who was a fellow pub goer but sadly Sweary Simon cussed a lot and in his pissed up minds eye he got the calling from the good Lord so the pub had to rename him Father Fuck. It wouldn't have worked out as he was a brexiteer at heart and also bit of a Trump supporter.

So you do not get the point that genuine use of Psychedelics/entheogensis is not about 'getting high' but much more about letting go of that which limits awareness
of what already is? You just a bit of a tripper ? Disappointed, slightly... though not surprised that you don't live up to your moniker. Bit of advice? Don't go say hello
ruin your life. Enjoy
Psychedelics have changed my whole outlook on everything in life. More to being realistic about the world, bringing my mind back down to Earth to seeing everything very simply after the complex trip they can give while I’m high.

They also allow me to let go of both ego and insecurities at the same time. Just very calm about myself and how things pan out around me. Especially after suffering from depression in the past.

I don’t seem to be thinking about things like “what do they think about me?” “where do I fit in?” “am I attractive to girls?” “do people think I’m fat?” “do my mates find me funny?” “do people find me annoying?” “do I earn more money than them?” “am I good at my job?”

I don’t feel the need to be part of something, don’t feel the need listen to certain types of music because others do, but at the same time don’t feel the need to be different or non-mainstream for egotistical reasons (just because I’ve realised that “normal” and mainstream things lack substance, complexity, personality and creativity).

I’ve realised that I don’t really ‘fit-in’ with society or even my mates. But I now feel comfortable with that rather than feel lost about it.

But when it comes to religion. The word should be banned and replaced with “mythology” because the distinction between real life and made up fantasies should be obvious. Like knowing the difference between being high and being straight. If you don’t realise that distinction you can have bad trips and come out of them badly. When the distinction between real life and fantasy is realised I think the whole human race would better off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.