Record Shops

Was just going to ask about Fopp......
Returned back to the States Wednesday afternoon so in the morning made my usual visit to Fopp to stock up on the 2 for a fiver books that keep me going until the next visit. Got there at 10.30am and the place was all closed up, said it opened at 10am. The door way reaked of piss. Another bloke came up at the same time and wondered as I did if the place was just late opening or closed for good. The shop was all stocked up.
Ended up going to HMV in the Arndale and bought Peter Hook's New Order book and Sex Pistols' Steve Jones's book for a fiver.

Fopp is open again, was in there on Tuesday..

Anybody remember the record shop that used to be at the top of the parade leading up to Piccadilly Station? This goes way, way back, mind. I can't for the life of me remember the name. But it marks a special date. Because I went in there and bought three vinyls all at one go. A huge outlay for me at the time, believe it. I can even remember exactly what they were: Led Zep II, Ssshhh by Ten Years After, and Then Play On by Fleetwood Mac. All good albums by the way (although I found I got tired of the TYA one quite rapidly).

Anybody remember the record shop that used to be at the top of the parade leading up to Piccadilly Station? This goes way, way back, mind. I can't for the life of me remember the name. But it marks a special date. Because I went in there and bought three vinyls all at one go. A huge outlay for me at the time, believe it. I can even remember exactly what they were: Led Zep II, Ssshhh by Ten Years After, and Then Play On by Fleetwood Mac. All good albums by the way (although I found I got tired of the TYA one quite rapidly).

I bought all 3 Nick Drake albums there in the early seventies.
Worth hundreds of pounds now.

Was it called spinn inn? I always used to listen stu allen in the late 80s on a Sunday on Piccadilly radio when he did his rap show and he always did the top 10 best sellers of the week from spinn inn records.
Bit of a stab in the dark.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.