FIFA Women's WC France 2019

Agreed on Stanway, should be starting every game imho. Re Kirby, I know what you mean, but I just think maybe the manager thinks she’s an all round ‘busier’ player than someone like Taylor, who although a goal scorer, doesn’t seem to have great pace, at least not these days anyway.
True , like I said, I think Kirby is a great player but today just had a quiet game .
Personally I think Georgia Stanway deserves a start , maybe not at the expense of Kirby I don't know. Maybe push Kirby more forward, because she's not a bad finisher and let Stanway go as a attacking midfielder. And to be fair Stanway is a little terrier of a player not scared of getting stuck in at times too .

Just for obvious research purposes who is the little bit of eye candy on the far right of today's panel
BjZ8UuxCIAAG_69.jpg

Hope Solo

Could be. Replay works pretty well when you are dealing with a real or imagined line -- i.e., was a foul inside the box? Was a player offside? Was a ball in or out of touch?

Whether it is a device for fixing outcomes, or mere incompetent boobery on the part of officials, VAR doesn't work so well when incidental contact is conflated with deliberate contact that hinders play.

Still don't understand how this sport still has only one official on the pitch. The game is so much faster now than 20 or 30 years ago, yet we expect a human not in peak physical condition to keep up at the same rate. Sports in the US have moved not only to replay for most sports (for those black or white calls, not so much if at all for judgment calls) and basketball, US football and hockey all employ more officials than they used to.

VAR has been accommodated within the game by the obvious changes to the LotG. What was once 'accidental' handball, or not even considered handball, unless FatPhil had the whistle and the ball was hitting Micah's leg, is now a game changing decision. I doubt very much that had the Scottish lass been standing a yard outside the box we would even have stopped the game and given England a free kick. FICKFUFA have managed to implement a system that could deliver a final that they would have chosen at the outset, given names, television audiences, press drooling, etc!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.