Lisbon or Porto

Both, find it hard to split.
Two different places really, culturally.
Lisbon more Cosmopolitan and amazing food market, Mercado De Ribeira. Ceviche, charcuterie and cheese boards, excellent all round spent 2 nights in there.
Loads to see. Get an early train to Sintra, go see the folly castles built by the rich Portuguese back in the day. Stunning Go to Alfama, old town food dirt cheap €8 main and dessert and a beer.

Porto more laid back, but see it now before the tourists get there.
Bottles of port for a fiver and the good stuff no more than 10.
Food very traditional and seems to be the same everywhere you go.

As you can see I go for the food and drink!

Both are fantastic cities to visit. Obviously more to do and see in Lisbon, but Porto just edges it for me.

Me and the missus had a three day break in Lisbon only in March of this year.
Would defo go back.It really is such an amazing place and we both commented on how very clean it is.
We did the 2 bus tours which lasted far longer than we expected and you can hop off and on.
Some wonderful eating holes.

Went to Lisbon in 2017 and thought it was great, went to Porto last year and so glad we did it in that order because Porto was so much better and Lisbon wouldnt have been as good if we'd gone there second. Going to Cascais just outside Lisbon in two weeks time, love Portugal.

Spent the last ten days in Portugal. The first three in Lisbon and the last week in Porto(apart from two trips to Guimares).
Enjoyed Lisbon, great night life with loads of interesting places to visit. Seemed to get offered Cocaine or hashish on every corner.
Porto has been great too, plenty of bars and restaurants down by the river on both sides. Plenty of interesting places to visit as well. At a push I would probably prefer Lisbon but only just.
Just plan two trips.

I can only comment on Lisbon.

Went with Mrs Balls last September and really enjoyed it.
The people are great and very pro British (don't let that put you off) and is definitely rocking the Brazilian vibe (or is it the other way round).

This place is a must do for all things seafood https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&r...ortugal.html&usg=AOvVaw3Yry5Yr0m2KoNov_3LBL2a

don't let my lunch of Goose Barnicles put you off
16hn293.jpg

I can only comment on Lisbon.

Went with Mrs Balls last September and really enjoyed it.
The people are great and very pro British (don't let that put you off) and is definitely rocking the Brazilian vibe (or is it the other way round).

This place is a must do for all things seafood https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwii2tXhgt_iAhWPlhQKHSKNDQAQFjAAegQIARAB&url=https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g189158-d2703366-Reviews-Cervejaria_Ramiro-Lisbon_Lisbon_District_Central_Portugal.html&usg=AOvVaw3Yry5Yr0m2KoNov_3LBL2a

don't let my lunch of Goose Barnicles put you off
16hn293.jpg
Looks disgusting.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.