Season Ticket Renewals - small increases (again)

I’ve made the difficult choice to not renew for the coming season. The constant moving around of fixtures, the constant price rise and finally the introduction of VAR (which stops me from truly celebrating any goal unless it’s a Vinny style thunderbolt) were all factors in the decision.

I feel sad as the team is the best it has ever been, and I also enjoy going to the game with my old man, but the whole ‘match day experience’ just isn’t the same or value for money anymore.

I’ll hopefully get to a few games when I can get hold of a ticket on the occasional times we play on a Saturday afternoon.

I could have written that myself. I have been on the verge for a long time and I really believe I will miss the majority of games this year due to TV rescheduling and my own care commitments to my elderly father and the near 3 hour commute there. The final nail will be VAR for sure. The Spurs deflation was cruel and the idea that a goal can't be celebrated for up to 2 minutes after it's scored will finally kill football for the match day fan. Bizarrely I also feel you can kick safe standing into touch as a result of VAR also, as who is going to want to spend 90 seconds jumping about for nothing when you can stay sat down awaiting the goal being chalked off.

Finally by your name you must be ex artillery?

Lol. No. The foods okay but expensive. I suspect the slow drift back to seats has two primary causes. 1) the not unfamiliar time it takes to buy and drink a pint. 2) a good percentage of people - I suspect - are on a works jolly and couldn’t give a fuck about the game so they are in no rush to return. Those seats are great and proper blues should be in them but unfortunately they’ve largely been priced out to accommodate day trippers, corporate jollies and affluent away fans desperate to get a ticket.

I was in that section last season a couple of times because one of the sponsors block buys 25 seats and rarely takes them. A pal knows someone in the ticket office who would sneak them to us on match day. Because it's warm, there are seats, and there are TVs with sound on, a fair few people seemed to watch the second half from the bar.

Thanks. There’s still plenty of lifelong Blues in 209 but a significant portion of the tickets are being sold through ticket agencies.

We order our half time pints but it’s still a rush to get back for the second half kick off.

I've been in 209 for the past 2 seasons. I also pre-order my half time refreshments but by the time I've blasted my way through the 3 queues that block the concourse near the top of the spirals a large chunk of the 15 minute break has gone.
I can't understand why the queue for the serving hatch on the concourse outside block 210 isn't diverted through the doors onto the spiral, it'd only take a steward directing the first few people joining the queue or a barrier to send the queue that way.

Just checked in my account on the City site and mine has been auto renewed, yet to receive any email telling me it has been done though so worth checking on there if anybody is worried

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.