Cricket World Cup 2019 - England World Champions!!!

Aigburth Cricket Club. Lancs played a county championship game there last week as Old Trafford is being prepared for 6 world cup games in the next 5 weeks
I seem to remember there is Aigburth and Liverpool Cricket Clubs very close to each other on the same road. I think LCC uses Liverpool CC and not Aigburth. I could be wrong though!!

Real shame. Hopefully the longevity of the first stage means there is a clear top 4 and no can point to dropped points. Had been really enjoying it as well.

Real shame. Hopefully the longevity of the first stage means there is a clear top 4 and no can point to dropped points. Had been really enjoying it as well.
Having the World Cup in England is a real lottery, the weather is so unpredictable.

I have often wondered how the bloody hell we invented the game, there must have been a major climate change since the 17th Century.

That is 3 washed out matches so far, a record for world cups.

Upcoming fixtures:
  • Australia v Pakistan (12/06) Taunton - Rain from 4pm Australia win
  • India v New Zealand (13/06) Nottingham - Rain from 9am Wash out
  • England v West Indies (14/06) Southampton - Sunny England win
  • Sri Lanka v Australia (15/06) Oval - Cloudy Australia win
  • South africa v Afghanistan (15/06) Cardiff - Rain from 10am South Africa win
  • India v Pakistan (16/06) Manchester - Sunny India win (DL)
Looks like two of those matches will struggle to complete.

I am due at OT for the England v Afghanistan match on the 18th and the New Zealand v Windies on the 22nd both looking to be OK at present if you can believe the forecast.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.