João Félix

How it usually is, involves the usual suspects who overpay for the big publicity older players, overpaying for the big publicity younger players, while City get in early on someone else & snap them up whilst they all argue about the other guy.

This guy is in the news every day but so far his agent doesn't seem to have successfully linked him with anything concrete from Real or Barca, or even seriously with Utd, in spite of trying each day.

It could be that he only wants to play for Pep, but it could also be that either those teams can't afford him or don't want him, both of which I find concerning, because if they thought he was that good, they would find the money.

I haven't seen anything so far to suggest he's worth anything like the fee being asked, but I don't watch him every week.

Half his highlights reels though, quite often cut out just after he beats a couple of players, which means he then lost the ball on each occasion, like Mahrez & Sané get panned for.
We've paid some decent transfer fees, too. I'm sure that the club has a valuation and they'll stick to it. I don't think that contradicts my point that clubs pay for potential. I also feel fairly confident the powers in charge feel we missed out with Mbappe and don't want to let a chance slip.

We'll see, though. Never can tell with these things until they're signed and completing a physical.

Weird, for weeks we"ve supposedly been all over this, now all of sudden lots of reports we're not interested. Something's changed ...

That kind of money for felix is just fucking stupid,like wise for de Ligt,the pair of them are not proven,especially in the premier league.
Agree with the Félix one wouldn’t want him..but defo not the De Ligt one he’s proven at international level over the past year and has also been successful at the highest level In Europe, would be a huge risk signing Félix especially as we have Phil.. but De Ligt IMO is potentially the worlds best would be over the bluemoon if we signed him.

We've paid some decent transfer fees, too. I'm sure that the club has a valuation and they'll stick to it. I don't think that contradicts my point that clubs pay for potential. I also feel fairly confident the powers in charge feel we missed out with Mbappe and don't want to let a chance slip.

We'll see, though. Never can tell with these things until they're signed and completing a physical.

We missed out on Mbappe, but we didn't miss out on paying more than he's worth, which PSG did.

That kind of money for felix is just fucking stupid,like wise for de Ligt,the pair of them are not proven,especially in the premier league.

Nor were Bernardo, Aguero, KDB, Kompany, Zabaleta, Ederson, Laporte, Sané, Jesus, Fernandinho etc. etc. etc.

Who gives a fuck about Premier League proven? All our best transfers have had zero PL experience and been better for it. Do you know who was premier league proven? Fucking Bony, Sinclair and Rodwell.

De Ligt has similar amounts of experience to Bernardo, Ederson, Sané when we bought them, far more than Jesus.

De Ligt at €75m aka £66m is a fucking bargain compared to Harry Maguire at £80-90m, even if he takes half the difference home in wages.

We missed out on Mbappe, but we didn't miss out on paying more than he's worth, which PSG did.
Not really.
Real Madrid was ready to pay the 180 M + a 30 M taxe because Monaco is considered as a tax-heaven by Spain authorities.

And if PSG were willing to sell, he would go for far more than the initial fee. I have seen Madrid quoted to be eager to pay 280 M without any hesitation if PSG allowed it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.