Evidence for religion

Evidence for god.

So was thinking before....

Everyone believed in father Christmas as a child and at a certain age you are told it's not real and you think to yourself 'of course it's not real how can a man fly to billions of houses in one night, how can a reindeer fly etc...

I wonder why that's not the same with religion? As an infant of course you're going to believe a man Walked on water or turned water into wine etc...but when you reach adulthood surely you're going to ask some questions.
There cannot ever be any evidence for God. As he/she or whatever is a faith based entity, if they provided evidence they existed, then they wouldn't!

I don't think religion is about faith.

With city back then we had a slight bit of faith that it would get better and it did so it was worthwhile keeping the faith. You could also say keeping the faith in the lottery numbers is worthwhile because if you did the lottery so many times there would be a good chance you'd win.

This is in comparison to religion which cannot be called faith because how can you have faith in something that is not possible, has never happened and will never happen?

Religion is just a very powerful systemic way of controlling people through an idea. That is why it is imprinted very early onto the people who are most susceptible to illogical ideas such as young people.
Religion, by it's very nature relies totally on the faith of a person believing what they are told is true.

As you say, religion is a way of controlling people, and certainly before it became commonplace for ordinary folk to be educated religion was an incredibly powerful way of controlling the masses. If someone in authority with 'God's word' in book form tells you that if you do or don't do something, god will strike you down, it becomes very easy to make people do what you want. You only have to reinforce that idea with the odd example such as 'you got the pox because god is very angry with you', and there you have it, total control.

Science is the biggest believer in God.

There is no ****ing chance that we are here by chance.

Read “A Universe from Nothing” by Professor Lawrence Krauss.

Science isn’t the biggest believer in God, it requires concrete evidence by the principle of it being science.

Hi, scientist here. Science is not the biggest believer in God and it is entirely possible we are here by chance. Thanks. Goodbye.

I talked about Science. Not about you. You may be here by chance (if you wish) but certainly not ME. GOODBYE.

I talked about Science. Not about you. You may be here by chance (if you wish) but certainly not ME. GOODBYE.
That's a bit like telling an aircraft pilot that his opinions on aeroplanes are about him, and not aeroplanes. This is what I do for a living and what you wrote, in my professional opinion, was a complete load of shite. Not saying science is right, but science is not the biggest believer in god. That would be religious people.

Science is the biggest believer in God.

There is no ****ing chance that we are here by chance.

Why not? Chance and events have come to define who we are and our existence and that is why there is life on Earth but not on Mars.

We know that humans evolved and adapted to the environment here because of the fact that we exist. Take Earth away and we die, put humans on Mars and we die, in fact put humans in space at all and we die.

(Funnily enough religion denied that things like planets existed until only the last couple of centuries).

We only survive because the conditions allow us to but it hasn't always been this way and one day it won't be that way.

How does any of this give purpose or reason to believe there is a god behind it all? To be honest, the last thing I'd be doing is worshipping him with the knowledge of how brutal nature is!!

Last edited:
Read “A Universe from Nothing” by Professor Lawrence Krauss.

Science isn’t the biggest believer in God, it requires concrete evidence by the principle of it being science.

Yeah, I just read this:
"The provost of Arizona State University (ASU) in Tempe concluded this week that high-profile astrophysicist and atheist Lawrence Krauss violated the university’s sexual harassment policy by grabbing a woman’s breast at a conference in Australia in late 2016." Published on Aug. 3, 2018 by the reputed journal SCIENCE.
Nuff said.

That's a bit like telling an aircraft pilot that his opinions on aeroplanes are about him, and not aeroplanes. This is what I do for a living and what you wrote, in my professional opinion, was a complete load of shite. Not saying science is right, but science is not the biggest believer in god. That would be religious people.

A true scientist never uses a sentence like: "a complete load of shite". GOODBYE again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.