Media coverage 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
The BBC don't have advertising so they don't really need to clickbait.

Using Liverpools champions league picture for the premier league fixtures story is done on purpose to just troll the club.

BBC reporting the last time Liverpool played Norwich on the opening day they won the league ahead of city, and claiming fate ffs why the fuck do we have to pay a license fee for this shit, it was 42 fucking years ago totally irrelevant.

If it wasn't for opinions, what would we talk about!
I agree and one reason I don't like var. Any other season in CL history that stirling goal stands. The play had gone on to long for that to be disallowed in my book. It gives power over decisions to another set of people, opens up an whole new layer of corruptibility.

I disagree strongly. Even when you played jumpers for goalposts, it hits your arm it's no goal, one of the most basic unwritten rules of the game all fans of the sport used to agree on.

It's also weird how an "unintentional offside" can be a matter of centimetres and we mostly accept it(I did for Aguero's), either your onside or your off, the cameras clear it up. You take it on the chin, even if there was no intent to gain an advantage and none was gained(as in Agueros case).... But then some want to say a goal that wouldn't have happened without a vital deflection off the elbow is ok because "he didn't mean it" and his arm wasn't in an "unnatural position"? Both terms obviously meant to describe a defender stopping a shot at goal to begin with. I will never accept that decision wasn't a mistake.
I have followed your discussion on this....and do agree with you. HOWEVER all I really wanted was ALL angles of footage made available to the match official and allow him to make an informed desicion of wether to over turn it or not. On the night the ref got it spot on .the footage showed nothing conclusive To change his mind......however millions sat on the sofa at home saw different footage showing it clearly hitting his arm!
CHEATS....and yet watching cricket World Cup there is no agenda....ALL images are made available to umpire under his direction...play it again, rewind it , hold it there, snick o Please.......not a problem.

The BBC don't have advertising so they don't really need to clickbait.

Using Liverpools champions league picture for the premier league fixtures story is done on purpose to just troll the club.

BBC Sport do still need to justify their budget within the BBC. That's at least partly done by click counting.

I agree and one reason I don't like var. Any other season in CL history that stirling goal stands. The play had gone on to long for that to be disallowed in my book. It gives power over decisions to another set of people, opens up an whole new layer of corruptibility.

Difficult to know how VAR will play out. Errors will be openly on view though, and less can be blamed on the ref being unsighted (etc).

Aguero was offside, albeit very close, so disallowing it is the right call; it's difficult to read much into it now as linesmen are told not flag. If there wasn't VAR, would he have flagged? We'll never know.

It's like counting penalties given - the exact number a team get is irrelevant; the key point is how many should they have got.

What makes the BBC's reporting of the opening day fixtures point more towards bias than incompetence is they don't even have coverage of the champions league. They do however cover the premier league and fa cups but I guess because we won them both it makes it a bit awkward for them
You can imagine the office....boss we've got Lewis Hamilton celebrating his world title picture. Or one of Tiger winning that major last week and this black and white image of Liverpool last holding the trophy Norwich won last year....good link boss eh,? Should I go with it?

I disagree strongly. Even when you played jumpers for goalposts, it hits your arm it's no goal, one of the most basic unwritten rules of the game all fans of the sport used to agree on.

It's also weird how an "unintentional offside" can be a matter of centimetres and we mostly accept it(I did for Aguero's), either your onside or your off, the cameras clear it up. You take it on the chin, even if there was no intent to gain an advantage and none was gained(as in Agueros case).... But then some want to say a goal that wouldn't have happened without a vital deflection off the elbow is ok because "he didn't mean it" and his arm wasn't in an "unnatural position"? Both terms obviously meant to describe a defender stopping a shot at goal to begin with. I will never accept that decision wasn't a mistake.

I think that's where we differ. Llorente's arm was next to his body (to my mind, a natural position) and didn't move toward the ball - it just hit him. The laws last season require some form of movement or deliberate action (such as being waved around), and I just can't see it.

Next season it's been clarified that it would be disallowed, but that's next season's laws.

BBC Sport at Mediacity have stooped to a new low.

It’s pure bias and shit like this that City and Vicky Kloss need to clamp down on. And to find out why it is continually happening at BBC Sport, Mediacity, Salford Quays.

Let’s post it again.

86-F2-F1-C6-74-D1-4263-B04-D-9-DC53-E9544-FF.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.