Harry Maguire

Status
Not open for further replies.
£90million?? Jesus Christ!

And we get blamed for inflating the market.

If united buy him for that they have officially, and unabashedly lost the plot
The fee is irrelevant in any transfer, if a new player incorporates into a team and makes that team even better, no one can put a price on that.

KDB signed for 55m at the time a lot of money, within 18 months he had made that fee look a bargain.

The fee is irrelevant in any transfer, if a new player incorporates into a team and makes that team even better, no one can put a price on that.

KDB signed for 55m at the time a lot of money, within 18 months he had made that fee look a bargain.

Yeh but this is Maguire - a good player but you can't compare him to De Bruyne who is one of the best players in the world ...

Yeh but this is Maguire - a good player but you can't compare him to De Bruyne who is one of the best players in the world ...
It the value that he gives to the team that matters.

Top class defenders cost big money, Vandyke etc 75m for him was crazy at the time, but he has been a great signing and a big success

It the value that he gives to the team that matters.

Top class defenders cost big money, Vandyke etc 75m for him was crazy at the time, but he has been a great signing and a big success

Well said. It’s really not rocket science but the sheer number of people who just don’t understand the basics of football is staggering.

He wasn't before he came to us, disappointing at Chelsea, but looked good in Germany but far from what he has become.

Well said. It’s really not rocket science but the sheer number of people who just don’t understand the basics of football is staggering.
I know...I’m replying to one, right now!!

Maguire is NOT a world class defender, nor will he ever be one. He is a big fish in a very small, very visible, bowl. The words “English defender” describe him to a tee, and even then he is a throwback.

He is not good enough to play for City. If we could bring him on for corners and free kicks, great! But until then, he is an overpriced English defender!

Ask yourself: What would Barca pay for him? Real Madrid? PSG?

Aye, same here. I really dont rate Maguire... He's good at being a Steve Bruce or Adams, technically NOT what we want, he's a solid defender though, strong minded.

Stones/Maguire spliced would be good

I know...I’m replying to one, right now!!

Maguire is NOT a world class defender, nor will he ever be one. He is a big fish in a very small, very visible, bowl. The words “English defender” describe him to a tee, and even then he is a throwback.

He is not good enough to play for City. If we could bring him on for corners and free kicks, great! But until then, he is an overpriced English defender!

Ask yourself: What would Barca pay for him? Real Madrid? PSG?
I agree with you in that I don’t think Maguire is world class, but why do you think he doesn’t have the potential to become one, especially under Peps tutelage?

I agree with you in that I don’t think Maguire is world class, but why do you think he doesn’t have the potential to become one, especially under Peps tutelage?
He’s not a player!

His body shape, his movement, his intelligence.

What, are we now buying average English players for top, top dollar, in the hope Pep can fix them in his remaining two seasons?

Let’s not, eh?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.