Billy Dale 1934 FA Cup Final Match Worn Shirt

Looks well alongside Tommy Booth's 69 Final one

6yla1k.jpg

Still an absolutely iconic shirt. Easily the best away shirt we've ever had. Tommy was wearing that when he scored the header at Villa Park, of course.

Think Tommy might be a bit offended about the replica of his head, tbh.

That’s a superb shirt.

Toffs like to get them spot on. Maybe they would correct any differences if they saw pics of the original against yours.

I bought an England wcf shirt and asked nobby stiles to sign it.
Nobby wouldn’t let it go and kept asking who’s shirt it was.
Wouldn’t believe me when I said it was a replica.
He had his glasses on too.

I always liked Nobby. The one United player who looked as though he'd come direct from Strangeways on to the pitch. Had he finally had his teeth done, by the way?

I own a Diego Maradona signed replica shirt and have two Stephen Ireland match worn shirts

Also have a Lescott match worn shirt at my dad's house along with a silk Don Revie match worn that is a bit frayed.

I always liked Nobby. The one United player who looked as though he'd come direct from Strangeways on to the pitch. Had he finally had his teeth done, by the way?
I’m going back a fair few years, so probably not.
He chatted for some time. He wouldn’t let the shirt go.
He was likeable and down to earth.

It's a shame we don't (can't?) use the Manchester coat of arms on our shirts for cup finals these day. The shirts we wore against Watford had nothing that I could see on them to mark the occasion, not even an embroidered line saying "2019 FA Cup Final MCFC vs Watford" under the badge. The only obvious difference was the different sponsor logo ("Choose Etihad").

Does anyone know why we don't, or if we can't, use the Manchester coat of arms?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.