Harry Maguire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember Dave Watson?

Big, Ugly, Slow, but what a magnificent defender and leader, one of the best I have ever seen in a blue shirt.
I remember Dave Watson very well, and the Dave Watson gap between the Maine Stand and the North Stand.

He was big and not as fleet of foot as today’s top defenders. Agreed. However, you are simply emphasizing MY point. Maguire is a throwback to what we have traditionally thought of as “English defender,” not the type of ball-playing QB the modern Pep CB needs to be.

I remember Dave Watson very well, and the Dave Watson gap between the Maine Stand and the North Stand.

He was big and not as fleet of foot as today’s top defenders. Agreed. However, you are simply emphasizing MY point. Maguire is a throwback to what we have traditionally thought of as “English defender,” not the type of ball-playing QB the modern Pep CB needs to be.
To be honest, I'm not sure you've seen him play then. He's very comfortable bringing the ball out of defence. His looks are deceiving

Totally disagree re Maguire. He is excellent with the ball at his feet, I agree with Gary Neville in that he is as good as John Stones but in my opinion is a far better out and out defender.

The fee Leicester want is outrageous, but as a wealthy club and a player under contract they sell on their terms.

As said, the fee is irrelevant IF he comes into the side and successfully replaces Vincent Kompany. In fact if he does the later 90m will be a bargain.

I truly hope they don't get him, because he will be a massive upgrade on what they have now.
I agree with what you're saying.
I don't want him at anything like the figures quoted but he definitely improves the rags and once he's playing the transfer fee becomes irrelevant.

If the rags are gonna pay £90m he’ll be going there I think.
The market price for players is all over the place and lots of teams are paying ridiculous money for them, because obviously the Blues started these inflated prices, haha.
What with Uefa chasing us and Vinnie leaving us and everybody knowing we want a centre half it’s not going to be cheap for us if theres others prepared to pay daft amounts, if a player is top quality we’re just going to have bite the bullet and cough up, as long as the wage structure stays the same as it is now the fee is sort of irrelevant really.
I quite like Maguire, but won’t be gutted if he goes elsewhere.

CTID
That’s just not true at all.

If a player makes it clear to his club he wants to join us and us alone, then the transfer fee will be far more realistic. We want players who have their heart set on joining us, to be part of a great team and with the desire to improve as a player which they will undoubtedly do under Pep if they’re prepared to work. Don’t get me wrong they’ll be well compensated as well but that should only be part of the decision.

That’s just not true at all.

If a player makes it clear to his club he wants to join us and us alone, then the transfer fee will be far more realistic. We want players who have their heart set on joining us, to be part of a great team and with the desire to improve as a player which they will undoubtedly do under Pep if they’re prepared to work. Don’t get me wrong they’ll be well compensated as well but that should only be part of the decision.
really unrealistic to expect a player to only want to join us when there are other top teams. if a player has multiple top clubs after him and they are willing to pay the fee and we are not he would be pretty stupid to risk it and only want to join us when we are negotiating a fee when there are other top teams ready to take him and pay what it takes. sorry to say as much as we would like to think we aren't the most attractive club in the world and players have every right to keep their options open.

I agree that the fee is irrelevant. Liverpool set the standard with £75m (?) for the Dutch fella. If Guardiola wants him and thinks he's our starter alongside Laporte then regardless of the price we should go for him.

really unrealistic to expect a player to only want to join us when there are other top teams. if a player has multiple top clubs after him and they are willing to pay the fee and we are not he would be pretty stupid to risk it and only want to join us when we are negotiating a fee when there are other top teams ready to take him and pay what it takes. sorry to say as much as we would like to think we aren't the most attractive club in the world and players have every right to keep their options open.
Well I can only think of maybe 2-3 teams who may be more attractive than ourselves but in "name" only and certainly not in terms of footballing ability,based over the last two seasons.
Out of those 2-3 Clubs I can hardly see any of those making a move for the lad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.