Expectations For Next Season (2019/20)

To retain the title next season will take a monumental effort as I honestly feel that VAR will be used against us. Watching some of the decisions from last season and more so at the Womens world cup show that poor early decisions were not due to teething problems but conscious decisions to get the "correct" result wanted by the governing bodies. I fully expect in the coming season to see a goal ruled out because the player that scored had his toe just offside. Early morning rant over

Bread and butter is the league and always will be. League cup or Fa cup would be great addition too and the champions league but we need the luck in that competition which we don’t ever seem to get. Getting the league again making it 3 on the trot would be incredible.

To retain the title next season will take a monumental effort as I honestly feel that VAR will be used against us. Watching some of the decisions from last season and more so at the Womens world cup show that poor early decisions were not due to teething problems but conscious decisions to get the "correct" result wanted by the governing bodies. I fully expect in the coming season to see a goal ruled out because the player that scored had his toe just offside. Early morning rant over

Well yes. Because it’s offside.

I want City to use the Carabao Cup as an academy development tournament and to play our usual rotated League Cup team in the FA Cup instead. Now is the time for a clear shift in focus towards the CL whilst also maintaining our league dominance. By all means then start the big hitters in the FA Cup if the likes of Mahrez, Jesus, Foden, Gundogan etc get us near the semis. I see there being a slight shift in approach to the Cup games.

Depends on new signings. To me it could be another 2012 or 2014 when good players go and are not replaced or replaced by worse.

To retain the title above all else, and hope we can get some luck along the way to lifting the CL

Not belittling the domestic cup comps as a trophy is a trophy, but we are domestically the best so we can prove that be securing a 3rd straight league title

I would like to see us retain the league first and foremost and by a comfortable margin, everything else is a bonus and would prefer to retain the FA Cup to CL and hope we see more playing time from the likes of Foden, Garcia etc

I want City to use the Carabao Cup as an academy development tournament and to play our usual rotated League Cup team in the FA Cup instead. Now is the time for a clear shift in focus towards the CL whilst also maintaining our league dominance. By all means then start the big hitters in the FA Cup if the likes of Mahrez, Jesus, Foden, Gundogan etc get us near the semis. I see there being a slight shift in approach to the Cup games.

Hm, I doubt Pep or the club leaders will change their philosophy going for any possible title with our squad.

We were cruising through the cup comps (til struggling vs spurs, doh), being able to rotate vs 'easy' opponents.
In the end some fine margins were missing to go to Madrid and win there, too.

We really should expect more difficult cup draws somehow.

I expect City to have another strong PL season,
whereas dippers have more problems to repeat such a perfect season.
Chelsea w/o Hazard with spurs, rags and Arsenal being not consistent enough for a PL title.

I would love to see Sergio (now 164) score 20+ PL goals to be highest scoring player for 1 PL club (Rooney: 183).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.