Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said at the end of the season he's going nowhere,i still believe the same.

I suspect we are just awaiting the right time to announce an extension.
Agree, i feel the amount of talking done in public by their players and higher ups is that theyre just trying anything to turn his head at every cost.

If bayern were certain he was coming, why would they be doing all these public statements.

Which, if true, means we can string the jailbirds shower along nicely, in fact I hope the decision has already
been taken, and this will he, won't he, pantomime can be extended.

This is getting f***ing stupid now.

Imagine Txiki Begiristain expressing his desire for Manchester United to bring Jadon Sancho back to the Premier League, or imploring Liverpool to sign a player that would make life harder for City next season. It seems to be unthinkable, but that is exactly what is happening in Germany, where Borussia Dortmund CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke has said he hopes Bayern Munich will sign City winger Leroy Sane this summer.

It "would further increase the appeal of the league," according to Watzke. This is a Dortmund that blew their best chance of a Bundesliga title in seven years last season, allowing a distinctly average Bayern to overhaul in them in the second half of the season. Now Watzke wants to see that same Bayern, the Bundesliga behemoth that Dortmund couldn't topple when they were on a rare off season, get stronger by signing a player out of the reach of every other German team. The turkeys have just voted for Christmas. Watzke's bizarre comments are simply the latest part of an ongoing strategy from Bayern to sign Sane this summer, even if the Bundesliga champions didn't expect a helping hand from their fiercest rivals. Bayern bigwigs such as Karl-Heinz Rummenigge and Lothar Matthaus have openly discussed their ambitions to sign the Germany international this year, while it would be easier to list the players already at Bayern who haven't told Sane to sign this summer than the ones who have so brazenly told him to head to Bavaria.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...ball-news/man-city-bayern-leroy-sane-16425607

I'm still hopeful that he will stay, but I don't think Sane has made his decision yet so don't agree with the bit in bold. Still very much up in the air.

Imagine Txiki Begiristain expressing his desire for Manchester United to bring Jadon Sancho back to the Premier League, or imploring Liverpool to sign a player that would make life harder for City next season. It seems to be unthinkable, but that is exactly what is happening in Germany, where Borussia Dortmund CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke has said he hopes Bayern Munich will sign City winger Leroy Sane this summer.

It "would further increase the appeal of the league," according to Watzke. This is a Dortmund that blew their best chance of a Bundesliga title in seven years last season, allowing a distinctly average Bayern to overhaul in them in the second half of the season. Now Watzke wants to see that same Bayern, the Bundesliga behemoth that Dortmund couldn't topple when they were on a rare off season, get stronger by signing a player out of the reach of every other German team. The turkeys have just voted for Christmas. Watzke's bizarre comments are simply the latest part of an ongoing strategy from Bayern to sign Sane this summer, even if the Bundesliga champions didn't expect a helping hand from their fiercest rivals. Bayern bigwigs such as Karl-Heinz Rummenigge and Lothar Matthaus have openly discussed their ambitions to sign the Germany international this year, while it would be easier to list the players already at Bayern who haven't told Sane to sign this summer than the ones who have so brazenly told him to head to Bavaria.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...ball-news/man-city-bayern-leroy-sane-16425607

I posted about that yesterday, but the MUEN are usually days behind tbf.

My goodness, the whole COUNTRY is joining in now...even the DORTMUND Chief joining in." Better for the German league!!"

Germany appear to want their prodigal son back. :(

https://www.goal.com/en/news/sanes-...bundesligas-appeal/13bskvix15pmw1o2qrkqmkyher

Watzke fuck is he on about?

I think its fair to say that sane didn't have his best season. He didn't really get a momentum going as he was in and out and some of his performances showed just that. I trust that pep and his team had there reasons, they work with him daily! I remember Sterling, similar, not performing, his finishing was poor. Credit to him, he dug in, worked hard and the performances improved somewhat to now being up there with the top players in Europe. I believe sane has the ability to be just as good, if not better. Its really down to him. I would imagine the decision has already been made, will he stay or go?

When the world cup came along Germany didn't want Sane. City's brilliant exploits and Sane's contribution last season has made some in Germany sit up and take notice. Hope he turns Bayern down and realises he has a big future here at City.

I don’t get why Sane would sign given the end of last season.

I think we want more than Bayern will pay, so will stay but the contract will be up in the air.

Than he can see how much game time he gets and make a choice from there.

The other option I see he does sign but with a release clause that is a decent amount for City but not too restrictive in case he wants to move. This would allow Leroy a decent rise and also take away some of the inevitable talk that would over shadow next season for him going in without signing a deal.

I just don’t see him fully committing to City whilst Silva, Sterling are the preferred options on the wings.

I think its fair to say that sane didn't have his best season. He didn't really get a momentum going as he was in and out and some of his performances showed just that. I trust that pep and his team had there reasons, they work with him daily! I remember Sterling, similar, not performing, his finishing was poor. Credit to him, he dug in, worked hard and the performances improved somewhat to now being up there with the top players in Europe. I believe sane has the ability to be just as good, if not better. Its really down to him. I would imagine the decision has already been made, will he stay or go?

If you say you will be mine
I will stay til the end of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.