Jo Brand

I do know that "freedom of speech no matter how offensive" was used a hell of a lot to defend Farage by the same people who are faux "outraged" by the Brand joke.

Also, isn't it the Alt-Right types who apparently despair at the state of comedy to the point where they've created their own comedy night*, frequented by the likes of Prison Planet's Paul Watson, which allows Right wing comedians to tell "non PC" jokes without judgement or persecution? You'd have thought this is exactly the type of freedom of speech in comedy that they profess to protect. But as usual with these Right wing hypocritical cunts , the second the tables are turned they are the absolute kings of being offended.

*Inside London's 'Free Speech' Comedy Night
Comedians who believe you "can't say anything anymore" performed to a who's who of the British right: Paul Joseph Watson, Toby Young and Breitbart editor James Delingpole.
https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/xwn5 ... right-wing

Last edited:
Interesting all the people who are demanding action be taken against Jo Brand weren’t so sharp out of the blocks when that UKIP candidate was discussing whether he would or wouldn't rape Jess Phillips. I think one comment is far more serious than the other.

Exactly this.
Jo Brand is a comedian. Comedians are clearly joking and not actively suggesting - it is how she gets the audience to laugh. She told a insensitive joke, just like every bloody comedian has at one time in history.

The lefties can’t screech about being offended/ deplatform people / make folk lose their jobs etc for saying something they don’t like on one hand. But then complain when they say something deemed as offensive and get the same treatment?? The very same reason Frankie Boyles career has nose dived.

As a leftie, I’m rational enough to give comedians the benefit of doubt as they are clearly joking and not instigating - that is a huge difference to a politician who says something sinister under the guise of ‘free speech’ - if you can’t tell the difference then you are the problem.

Did she say someone should grab him by the pussy? If so, that considered “Presidential” now, so cant be a problem!

As a leftie, I’m rational enough to give comedians the benefit of doubt as they are clearly joking and not instigating - that is a huge difference to a politician who says something sinister under the guise of ‘free speech’ - if you can’t tell the difference then you are the problem.

Actually no. If you (generic comment, rather than you personally) start screaming about those whose opinions you don't like, you are the problem.

I support Jo Brand's right to offend people, and I support politicians' rights to offend people too. I don't care if someone is a lefty snowflake or a righty snowflake. The selective taking of offence by either end of the spectrum is fucking me off massively.

No one has the right not to be offended, and those running to the police pretending they're really hurt and wounded have a special circle in hell just for them.

Last edited:
Actually no. If you (generic comment, rather than you personally) start screaming about those whose opinions you don't like, you are the problem.

I support Jo Brand's right to offend people, and I support politicians' rights to offend people too. I don't care if someone is a lefty snowflake or a righty snowflake. The selective taking of offence by either end of the spectrum is fucking me off massively.

No one has the right not to be offended, and those running to the police pretending they're really hurt and wounded have a special circle in hell just for them.

So if a politician openly says he thinks women should be raped - you think that’s perfectly acceptable ?

Now. For me. If a comedian jokes about rape .. ie: David Brent ‘I think there’s been a rape up there!’ It is acceptable.

It’s about context , pure and simple.

Bollocks

Exactly this.
Jo Brand is a comedian. Comedians are clearly joking and not actively suggesting - it is how she gets the audience to laugh. She told a insensitive joke, just like every bloody comedian has at one time in history.
Calling her a comedian is stretching it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.