What age do you want to live to ?

Diagnosed with cancer of the brain at 43. Non smoker fitness healthy , non druggy. Moderate alcohol. Great job.

Told no treatment or no response to treatment dead in 1 year, good result 10 or 20 years

After treatment fought to get back to work but cant do it now so give it up at 47. I am defying medical science every day as far as I am concerned. If I live to 65 will be delighted .

Live every day like it’s your last and I thought cancer happened to other people not me.
Like others in similar situations I don’t know how you cope, it’s something that’s so difficult to empathise with. Big thumbs up on your attitude, touches wood.

I fear getting ill when I’m older, fair fucks to anyone who is ill and fighting it your stronger than I’ll ever be. I’m 35 now and if someone could guarantee me getting to 70 without issues and then having a right good heart attack I’d snap their hand off.
Na, I’ve got friends that are around the 70’s and in rude health. The golden years are retirement up to about 75 then things slow down a bit but as long as your facilities are in tact life still has a lot to offer.

I fear getting ill when I’m older, fair fucks to anyone who is ill and fighting it your stronger than I’ll ever be. I’m 35 now and if someone could guarantee me getting to 70 without issues and then having a right good heart attack I’d snap their hand off.

When I was 30 I would have taken 50 in a heartbeat, couldn't see much of a life beyond that, hardly worth bothering I thought. Well I almost got my 'wish', had a brain hemorrhage at 50, 7hrs surgery and 9years later I'm still around for the cause. I've revised my figures and will now settle for 65 I think, sudden of course, no lingering death for me.

Hope I’m not on you’re flight! Haha!

Spent that much of my early 20’s and 30’s thinking that each day could be my last that I never thought I’d see 40.
Now I’m 42 and chilled out a little I’ll hopefully see my lad start a family of his own and live a great life.

Saying that I’ll probably get hit by one of the mad fucking taxi drivers around here tomorrow.
Tread carefully! 42 is a young pup!!

Obviously, you have never seen the sign “Free Beer Tomorrow!” as tomorrow never comes!

Seriously, I’d take a reasonably ambulant 85 yrs old. That’d be a 20 yr retirement and enough time to do everything I’ve ever wanted to do, and hopefully leave a few quid for the kids and grandkids!

However, wife will go to 100 easy seeing as how even the ones in her family born in the 19th century made their 90s, and her parents are 80 going on 60!!

So, damned if I will ever know whether they’ll be a crust for the kids or not!?!

Tread carefully! 42 is a young pup!!

Obviously, you have never seen the sign “Free Beer Tomorrow!” as tomorrow never comes!

When I was 6 or 7 had a dream I died at 47 and been saying it since.

Though me mam bollocks me when I do and count down years left.

Any day after that I am counting as a bonus

When I was 6 or 7 had a dream I died at 47 and been saying it since.

Though me mam bollocks me when I do and count down years left.

Any day after that I am counting as a bonus
When my daughter was born, I used to dream she would die as a child by getting run over! Fucking horrible nightmares! Cold sweats, the works! Thankfully, today she’s a gainfully employed 22 year old Uni grad with a job in the city, so I’m REALLY glad some dreams DON’T come true!!

I’m sure you will be pestering your Mam well after you turn 48!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.