UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really?
Was expecting the "judgement" sometime this month.
Are you talking about a statement from UEFA or CAS? If UEFA I can't see them saying anything until CAS come back to them although CAS have stated that UEFA can publish their findings beforehand if they wish (to look stupid farther down the line).

(I added the last bit myself).

I can't understand why it would take so long for UEFA to come up with their punishment.
The AC aren't investigating or collecting evidence they merely have to review the evidential files put together by the IC and come up with a punishment that fits the proof of wrongdoing they've discovered which is so serious the IC feel they have insufficient power to sanction.
Are they really going to await CAS making a decision on City's application for no case to answer or prejudiced investigation process?
What's the normal period for the former and the latter? Anyone any idea?

I can't understand why it would take so long for UEFA to come up with their punishment.
The AC aren't investigating or collecting evidence they merely have to review the evidential files put together by the IC and come up with a punishment that fits the proof of wrongdoing they've discovered which is so serious the IC feel they have insufficient power to sanction.
Are they really going to await CAS making a decision on City's application for no case to answer or prejudiced investigation process?
It could be that due to the 5 year limitation, the IC didn't properly investigate (hence our appeal to CAS), so the AC are having to do that too. They also won't want to make an announcement now, when CAS could override it

I asked the same question earlier in the thread and related to PSG going through similar proceedings. Parisian who posts on here said it took 4 5 months for CAS to come to a decision.

It could be that due to the 5 year limitation, the IC didn't properly investigate (hence our appeal to CAS), so the AC are having to do that too. They also won't want to make an announcement now, when CAS could override it
That could well be the case.
Which would mean that the leaks regarding a ban are not based on the strength of any evidence but have been done deliberately to put political pressure on the AC to arrive at such a judgement.

That could well be the case.
Which would mean that the leaks regarding a ban are not based on the strength of any evidence but have been done deliberately to put political pressure on the AC to arrive at such a judgement.
and I think this is why Khaldoun was so adamant about 'Facts'

I don't think UEFA can bypass their own rules over the 5 year limit merely by bumping it upstairs. And yes, I am aware this is UEFA we're talking about.

It looks more and more like UEFA have painted themselves into a corner on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.