Exposing the hypocrisy of journalists

Really? Ah, should've known...

You seem quite close to Andy, does he regret any of this, Rabingate? I'm not on twitter so if he's addressed it on there I wouldn't know and I won't be looking at his vlog. Did he follow through with legal action against the journo?
I walked away within about 30 minutes of reading Rabin’s tweets. I have not spoken to Andy since, save a very brief WhatsApp message. I don’t know if he regrets any of this. Sometimes people only regret the fallout. Now, if only he’d agree to the release of all our WhatsApp messages since he told me he was going to Skype with Rabin...

I walked away within about 30 minutes of reading Rabin’s tweets. I have not spoken to Andy since, save a very brief WhatsApp message. I don’t know if he regrets any of this. Sometimes people only regret the fallout. Now, if only he’d agree to the release of all our WhatsApp messages since he told me he was going to Skype with Rabin...
Why release them? And why cant you release them?

I’m not sure whether I could/should release private messages. I’m sure people already have an opinion on what hew did. The messages make interesting reading.

I’m not sure whether I could/should release private messages. I’m sure people already have an opinion on what hew did. The messages make interesting reading.
Who did what to who in this matter is not at all clear to me. One party claims he was being threatened with exposure on Twitter, another party says his claim is certainly not true as far as he is concerned and another party implies the point in contention is settled by material in his control but doesn't say how.

Last edited:
I been checking out the shite that Miguel Delany puts out these in his reports and fuck me he's a spiteful twat. It's his attacks on the fans that really fucks me off.

---------------
Miguel Delaney Chief Football Writer @MiguelDelaney
Friday 17 May 2019 15:18
19 comments

Abu Dhabi has been accused of the most grave of human rights abuses and is a key actor in the war on Yemen, where it stands accused – among other things – of funnelling money to groups accused of war crimes and of subjecting detainees to electrocutions and sexual assaults.

It’s just a different world and some of the adjustment to it has been visible in the emotional – usually angry – responses from City fans to some of the news stories of the last week.

And yet there are also some elements here outside the norm. You don’t have to scroll too long on social media to find supporters defiantly referring to their club’s statements and talking about how they’re up for the battle; where they're almost litigating on behalf of the club against Uefa.

Some sources familiar with Middle Eastern politics have already noted how this is a strikingly similar media approach to that in Abu Dhabi, and the United Emirates, where “criticism is not tolerated”. Instead, it is assertively struck back at. The issue, again, is how this might just bring further questions.

Man City
City supporters now have greater questions to answer
Scroll along a bit further on social media and you get more than defiance. You get City fans – and many at that – actually going further and openly defending the Abu Dhabi regime. They talk of the benefits of living in the Emirates, high-quality free health care, whether Matthew Hedges was a spy and even weigh in on the war on Yemen. Much of these involve a series of responses like “what about Saudi Arabia?” and even accusations of “anti-Arab bias”.

While it is unreasonable – and, frankly, psychologically unrealistic – to expect fans to in any way disconnect from a club they have invested so much of their lives into because of who buys them, this is something else. It does warrant criticism of those supporters. It is the sort of effect any public relations office would dream about. Some sources would even argue it is just one reason why City were bought in the first place.

------------------

That was from his report on why ours was a Diminished Treble. Even more bullshit I left out! The modern day FA cup has been ruined..... Because of City.

I would love to meet him tbh

I been checking out the shite that Miguel Delany puts out these in his reports and fuck me he's a spiteful twat. It's his attacks on the fans that really fucks me off.

---------------
Miguel Delaney Chief Football Writer @MiguelDelaney
Friday 17 May 2019 15:18
19 comments

Abu Dhabi has been accused of the most grave of human rights abuses and is a key actor in the war on Yemen, where it stands accused – among other things – of funnelling money to groups accused of war crimes and of subjecting detainees to electrocutions and sexual assaults.

It’s just a different world and some of the adjustment to it has been visible in the emotional – usually angry – responses from City fans to some of the news stories of the last week.

And yet there are also some elements here outside the norm. You don’t have to scroll too long on social media to find supporters defiantly referring to their club’s statements and talking about how they’re up for the battle; where they're almost litigating on behalf of the club against Uefa.

Some sources familiar with Middle Eastern politics have already noted how this is a strikingly similar media approach to that in Abu Dhabi, and the United Emirates, where “criticism is not tolerated”. Instead, it is assertively struck back at. The issue, again, is how this might just bring further questions.

Man City
City supporters now have greater questions to answer
Scroll along a bit further on social media and you get more than defiance. You get City fans – and many at that – actually going further and openly defending the Abu Dhabi regime. They talk of the benefits of living in the Emirates, high-quality free health care, whether Matthew Hedges was a spy and even weigh in on the war on Yemen. Much of these involve a series of responses like “what about Saudi Arabia?” and even accusations of “anti-Arab bias”.

While it is unreasonable – and, frankly, psychologically unrealistic – to expect fans to in any way disconnect from a club they have invested so much of their lives into because of who buys them, this is something else. It does warrant criticism of those supporters. It is the sort of effect any public relations office would dream about. Some sources would even argue it is just one reason why City were bought in the first place.

------------------

That was from his report on why ours was a Diminished Treble. Even more bullshit I left out! The modern day FA cup has been ruined..... Because of City.

I would love to meet him tbh

Delaney's postmatch bile which passed for a match report was possibly the bitterest thing I've seen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.