Where did you sit/stand at Maine road

Slightly off topic but Also seem to remember the rope they used one season to divide fans on the kippax , derby day & wolves in the cup I think ,
Mayhem

Always regretted never watching a game from the main stand at maine rd, was the only stand i never went in,though i made it in there very briefly after the charlton pitch invasion :)

Ok so who still has a junior blues triangular ( made up word) pen .. my sister and her red boyfriend at the time signed me up and I still have the pen chassis in the uk at my mum's and my train set and my scalextric !!!!

North Stand Block R next to the away fans, which made the visits of Stoke, Birmingham, Middlesbrough and Millwall particularly interesting.

North Stand Block R next to the away fans, which made the visits of Stoke, Birmingham, Middlesbrough and Millwall particularly interesting.

I was in the Maine Stand at the Millwall game back in 99. The plastic netting between the away and home fans just seemed to vanish and it looked like a cartoon fight going on. God knows what it was like being in close proximity to it.

Watched games from every stand at Maine road, where was my favourite, side of tunnel next to away fans every game in the 70s

I’d been in every home section including the Gene Kelly stand but my preference was the Kippax.

I was in the Maine Stand at the Millwall game back in 99. The plastic netting between the away and home fans just seemed to vanish and it looked like a cartoon fight going on. God knows what it was like being in close proximity to it.
Not very pleasant!

My very early days as a Junior Blue were in "Family Stand" sections of the Main Stand and Plant Lane. Then it was a season in the new Kippax when it was just the bottom tier with no roof (coming back from 2-0 down to beat Sheffield Wednesday 3-2 sticks out from those days). But from '95 til the move it was North Stand Block R for me.

Went from the Platt Lane benches, probably ten rows from from over by the Kippax side. Then, when older, went into the Kippax and stood near the away fans over the tunnel. Then when Kippax was being rebuilt moved into North Stand P block IIRC near the back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.