City's New Kits - 2019/20

Manchester itself actually... I also lived and worked there for years.

We’re really the Manc club? Outsiders at all the matches now. Locals priced out.

Recent Seasoncard holders near me were from Oldham, New Mills, Farnworth, Sheffield and Carlisle. Can you see Clayton in that list?

We are the Manchester club yes! Come on, we’re not that bad yet.

We’re really the Manc club? Outsiders at all the matches now. Locals priced out.

Recent Seasoncard holders near me were from Oldham, New Mills, Farnworth, Sheffield and Carlisle. Can you see Clayton in that list?
People move but family allegiances remain, my son goes but was born in Scotland, there were always season ticket holders from all around Manchester we even came from as far away as Rochdale believe it or not

Hang on, so City’s fan base is not from Manchester and no one went to the Haçienda because they all went to Holt’s pubs?

I guess we all have different experiences and peer groups, but it seems a bit silly to assume your personal experience is reflective of the whole fan base.

What I never understand with City is how our new kits are never out until the season nearly kicks off.

Utd have theirs out now. Families go on holidays soon. The kids would love a new top no doubt especially with the gold champions badge

Is it because the Nike deal ends on a certain date?

Not sure Oldham belongs with the other places you mentioned, I live in Oldham and it’s only 7 miles from my door to the Etihad.

I was born into a City family originating from MP but now being an Oldham resident I always look out for their results. There’s plenty of City fans in Greater Manchester and I don’t consider any of them outsiders to be honest, Oldham is a big town starting at Failsworth so it’s pretty much on Manchester’s doorstep.

Depends how you look at it I guess.

What I never understand with City is how our new kits are never out until the season nearly kicks off.

Utd have theirs out now. Families go on holidays soon. The kids would love a new top no doubt especially with the gold champions badge

Is it because the Nike deal ends on a certain date?

Yes.

I like it.

It’s this away homage to the Hacienda that I don’t get. That whole music scene means nothing to me. I’m 39 and never went there. I didn’t even live in Manchester itself until I went to university. I don’t really like most of that music either.

Do we all have bowl cuts? Say “sorted” or “our kid”? Walk like we have a stone in our shoe? It’s almost a parody kit.
My issue with the second strip is that it has four colours, when nearly every kit is three. The puma logo and cuffs should be blue.
The Chevrons, Etihad, shirt number and player name should be yellow

Fac 51 was pretty well known outside manchester so I don't think out of town blues would be unfamilar with the places iconic status in mancunian folklore.

Now if they had said it was a reference to the gay traitor bar people would be confused

I like it.

It’s this away homage to the Hacienda that I don’t get. That whole music scene means nothing to me. I’m 39 and never went there. I didn’t even live in Manchester itself until I went to university. I don’t really like most of that music either.

Do we all have bowl cuts? Say “sorted” or “our kid”? Walk like we have a stone in our shoe? It’s almost a parody kit.

113961.jpg

Fac 51 was pretty well known outside manchester so I don't think out of town blues would be unfamilar with the places iconic status in mancunian folklore.
It's a pretty disjointed effort though. Looks like the designer completely forgot about the pink bit until the very last minute and went "Fuck it, I'll just change one of the sleeves."

Good idea, piss-poor execution.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.