Where did you sit/stand at Maine road

Started in the corner between Kippax and the North Stand, and have been trying to escape the moaners ever since. Migrated along the Kippax around the halfway line.

So who did go to the gene Kelly stand and who can share stories .. this is making me teary ... I miss those sad days

So who did go to the gene Kelly stand and who can share stories .. this is making me teary ... I miss those sad days

Just once. That Edghill own goal which pretty much finished him as a City player. V Coventry?

It was one hell of a view...

Maybe just me, I enjoyed growing up in those days and my Kippax years. But I wouldn't want to go back to them and I’m not sure the atmosphere was always as great as we remember it.I don't really miss them.

Top left of the Kippax near the away fans and then North Stand once it was seated.

I remember being in the Platt Lane (against Leeds?) for a cup tie and about 10 minutes in, half of it erupted into a chant of “We are the North Stand!”

The locals were not happy.

Not sure if it was every game and what season or of it was multiple but there was always this women making an announcement on the tannoy. Sure it was always the same thing does anyone remember what she use to say or have I made this up
Something along the lines of 'Mr Green is in the North Stand'

Pretty sure it was code for a banned person having been spotted in the ground, then after he was ejected, there would be an 'all clear' tannoy announcement.

Started in Main stand aged 8
Platt Lane next
Kippax for a while (open corner near North Stand initially) then I moved to singing area when got a bit older.
Gave up ST at around 25/26 as worked every Sat so any game I could go it would be wherever I could get tickets.
Spent Keegan’s season mostly in Gene Kelly stand.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.