Meet Blue - our new foster dog.

We got a Rotty/Staffy cross from a rescue centre. He was 18 months old and had spent nearly all his life there. He came with 2 A4 sheets of behavioural notes, all bad, stating he probably could not be social with other dogs and strangers. Once we got him home the changes were immediate and after three months he is the perfect dog - he loves getting a fuss off everyone in the pub and is presently on my daughters bed having a cuddle (along with our other dog).
Trust me, if he can change beyond recognition and be so happy, I'm sure you'll have no trouble with your pup. Strong guidance and love is all they need.
This is Dexter
5ee37d93dc08a8cbf831cfe7f0764f2b.jpg

Dexter looks very cool.

We got a Rotty/Staffy cross from a rescue centre. He was 18 months old and had spent nearly all his life there. He came with 2 A4 sheets of behavioural notes, all bad, stating he probably could not be social with other dogs and strangers. Once we got him home the changes were immediate and after three months he is the perfect dog - he loves getting a fuss off everyone in the pub and is presently on my daughters bed having a cuddle (along with our other dog).
Trust me, if he can change beyond recognition and be so happy, I'm sure you'll have no trouble with your pup. Strong guidance and love is all they need.
This is Dexter
5ee37d93dc08a8cbf831cfe7f0764f2b.jpg
Nice one mate. Respect for taking on a breed some would avoid. Sounds as if he’s young enough to carve out a great life ...and he’s off to a flying re-start :)

Blue is gorgeous. Thanks for this thread, I'm breaking my heart right now as we had to have our little dog Max put to sleep last week.

I got him from a dogs home when he was 5 and he had a few issues at first but we just gave him time and loads of love and he turned into the most fantastic little character. He kept me going through some grim times and has been known to be thrown in the air when City have scored !

Loved him to bits, just wish more people would take on rescues instead of going for the fashionable breeds.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.