João Félix

If Benfica are desperate to keep him for another year we’re probably the only club that could pay those kind of fees and not need him in our squad right now. Would have to be an added incentive for us though, a cheaper fee, a stretched out bonus based transfer or perhaps a first refusal agreement. benfica would be a good team to be on good terms with in the future.

Not really you dont spend 100mill on a player and loan him out!
You do if it makes sense to long term planning and as things stand this would. Not being usual, doesn’t mean it doesn’t make good sense. Especially with a prospective ban, a bit of stockpiling shows foresight.

If he is worth 100 million, he needs to be good enough to be starting or contributing in matches in the premier league,

If he came a year into his contract, after another year on loan peo0le would be talking about another year to get used to the premier league,

If he is worth 100 million, he needs to be good enough to be starting or contributing in matches in the premier league,

If he came a year into his contract, after another year on loan peo0le would be talking about another year to get used to the premier league,

I agree

If we are spending world record prices, the player needs to be (close) to being the best player in the world and able to hold his own within the City squad - is suggest there is not one example in football of a team paying first team player type transfer fees and letting them stay on at the team bought from

That said 1)I can’t see us buying him and 2) whoever does will not be loaning him back - that suggestion is for the birds

I agree

If we are spending world record prices, the player needs to be (close) to being the best player in the world and able to hold his own within the City squad - is suggest there is not one example in football of a team paying first team player type transfer fees and letting them stay on at the team bought from

That said 1)I can’t see us buying him and 2) whoever does will not be loaning him back - that suggestion is for the birds
Agreed absolute poppycock !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.