City's New Kits - 2019/20

You will never get a better away kit than this

Yeah got that shirt when Umbro re-released it, cracker!

Also love these:
DgKO6e3WsAIRA5b.jpg

Zinfandel.jpg

This this^ is my favourite, imagine that with the new badge on (the 2017-18 kit was burgundy or Vimto rather than maroon)

You should write to the club and let them know when you moved to Manchester and what music you like so they know which Mancunian social and cultural movements they are allowed to reference.
Wow, It's just his opinion, why get so defensive?
..and the kits are shite, so what?

Wow, It's just his opinion, why get so defensive?
..and the kits are shite, so what?
I’m ambivalent about the kits tbh, I’m too old to get my knickers in a twist about something I wouldn’t wear and I haven’t bought a kit for nearly 20 years. So I certainly don’t care whether he likes it or not. My issue wasn’t whether he liked the kit or not but that his problem with it seemed to specifically be the cultural reference rather than whether he liked the way it looked or not. It seemed absurd to me that he thought that a piece of Mancunian popular culture shouldn’t be referenced because not everyone is or was into that particular culture. If that’s what we are saying then you’d have to say no references to any popular Mancunian culture because there isn’t one that literally everyone is into. I wouldn’t have thought you’d need to have been to the hacienda or be into the Madchester stuff to like the kit anyway. It’s a football top, it has some colours on it. Just judge it as that if the cultural reference doesn’t speak to you.

Yeah got that shirt when Umbro re-released it, cracker!

Also love these:
DgKO6e3WsAIRA5b.jpg

Zinfandel.jpg

This this^ is my favourite, imagine that with the new badge on (the 2017-18 kit was burgundy or Vimto rather than maroon)
The bottom one is a favourite of mine. I don’t like the one with no trim, badge or even sponsor though. Never thought I’d prefer shirts with a sponsor but if you have the right one , and I think we do, think it looks alright .

I’m ambivalent about the kits tbh, I’m too old to get my knickers in a twist about something I wouldn’t wear and I haven’t bought a kit for nearly 20 years. So I certainly don’t care whether he likes it or not. My issue wasn’t whether he liked the kit or not but that his problem with it seemed to specifically be the cultural reference rather than whether he liked the way it looked or not. It seemed absurd to me that he thought that a piece of Mancunian popular culture shouldn’t be referenced because not everyone is or was into that particular culture. If that’s what we are saying then you’d have to say no references to any popular Mancunian culture because there isn’t one that literally everyone is into. I wouldn’t have thought you’d need to have been to the hacienda or be into the Madchester stuff to like the kit anyway. It’s a football top, it has some colours on it. Just judge it as that if the cultural reference doesn’t speak to you.
this civil post should have been the one directed to him.

I like it.

It’s this away homage to the Hacienda that I don’t get. That whole music scene means nothing to me. I’m 39 and never went there. I didn’t even live in Manchester itself until I went to university. I don’t really like most of that music either.

Do we all have bowl cuts? Say “sorted” or “our kid”? Walk like we have a stone in our shoe? It’s almost a parody kit.
Does seem odd.

Next year we'll probably get a parka khaki coloured away kit in tribute to Liam.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.