Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Until the feral Dippers supporters attacked our players in the coach i really couldnt give a toss about them , but the fact that the Dippers management encouraged the "welcome" prior to the game and the Murkyside Police and stewards idly stood by and allowed it to take place and then to add insult injury they failed to get one prosecution from the 2-3000 fans who were involved
Unfortunately i have a few acquaintances who follow the Red Shite and not one of them show any remorse or shame for the incident , in fact a couple of them were proud of the attack and the effect it had on our players , and now i understand exactly the hatred the Rags have had towards them for decades . Since we have become rivals for the major trophies they have shown zero respect to our football club and that is what they will get in return from myself in the future , perhaps i am sinking to their level , but i can live with it :)

This is taken from the BBC Comments about Pogba wanting to move on. Presumably posted by a dipper or could well be s wind up. Typical though

Manure are only selling him because they want to make Real stronger to try and deny us back-to-back CL titles. That is so unfair.

Its pretty sad and pathetic for ANY club to base their summer transfer policy around denying a rival team what is rightfully theirs; rather than trying to rebuild their joke of a squad.

The fact Manure are doing it, an to US, makes it even more nauseating
Rightfully theirs eh. Tbf I wavered a bit when the word cult was mentioned about them. Now I'm convinced they are all Branch Dividians. Either that or alien

Just seen that both Robertson and Alexander-Arnold were only on 3 assists each at new year. In fact I remember a lot of Liverpool fans losing faith in Alexander-Arnold by the time he got injured. What changed?

Was it tactical?

Just seen that both Robertson and Alexander-Arnold were only on 3 assists each at new year. In fact I remember a lot of Liverpool fans losing faith in Alexander-Arnold by the time he got injured. What changed?

Was it tactical?

I think Drubas posted something about this as part of a post earlier in the thread but I can't remember what it was. Might be worth going back and looking.

Until the feral Dippers supporters attacked our players in the coach i really couldnt give a toss about them , but the fact that the Dippers management encouraged the "welcome" prior to the game and the Murkyside Police and stewards idly stood by and allowed it to take place and then to add insult injury they failed to get one prosecution from the 2-3000 fans who were involved
Unfortunately i have a few acquaintances who follow the Red Shite and not one of them show any remorse or shame for the incident , in fact a couple of them were proud of the attack and the effect it had on our players , and now i understand exactly the hatred the Rags have had towards them for decades . Since we have become rivals for the major trophies they have shown zero respect to our football club and that is what they will get in return from myself in the future , perhaps i am sinking to their level , but i can live with it :)
You'll have a lot of sinking to do to get to their level.

Yeah, I can get that, and even agree with most of what you're saying. I get what jrb said in the post before yours, the relationship has largely got toxic and it's mostly the fault of some (or most, if you want to put it that way) Liverpool fans. But that's not what I'm getting at.
If people want to come on here and sound off then I don't have a problem. Some of it (most, in my opinion) is over the top to the extent that it's become a poor version of RAWK. The thread turns into a feeding frenzy of hate and hypocrisy with posters feeding off the others and the levels of vitriol rising and rising.
But even then, that's not the whole problem. Football debate - the main reason for the forum - isn't allowed to happen, especially with Liverpool fans. If they dare to come on here they get attacked relentlessly and viciously. Some posters seem to be getting their retaliation in first, but others are clearly doing it because they can. You say in your post not all 'pool fans are knobheads and you're right. They also aren't their club's owners, or even the club itself. If a 'pool fan comes on and turns out to be a wum, then the mods are well and truly able to sort them, should they not get chased away by BMers (me included). But if they aren't here to wum then attacking them isn't about them, it's about the BMer. Nobody has to engage with them if they don't want to, and can ask why they go on other club's forums and all the rest, but, ffs, this is a football forum and if we stop football talk on here then it says a lot about us.
Completely agree. The way we treat every single ‘guest’ (because that’s what they are) Liverpool fan, irrespective, is poor form imo. Some are pricks and deserve being reminded of their club’s unfortunate and oft-forgotten (by them) history, but some of the soundest, most sporting football fans I know support Liverpool. First two WhatsApp messages at full time after the Brighton game were from two separate Scouse season ticket holders, congratulating me.

Some of their supporters, especially those online, are among the worst in football. Some of them are diamonds, though. Won’t have anyone tell me otherwise.

I think the way some posters treat certain supporters of other clubs on here is unnecessarily rude. Some deserve robust treatment, but I feel others get a hard time for no good reason.

Completely agree. The way we treat every single ‘guest’ (because that’s what they are) Liverpool fan, irrespective, is poor form imo. Some are pricks and deserve being reminded of their club’s unfortunate and oft-forgotten (by them) history, but some of the soundest, most sporting football fans I know support Liverpool. First two WhatsApp messages at full time after the Brighton game were from two separate Scouse season ticket holders, congratulating me.

Some of their supporters, especially those online, are among the worst in football. Some of them are diamonds, though. Won’t have anyone tell me otherwise.

I think the way some posters treat certain supporters of other clubs on here is unnecessarily rude. Some deserve robust treatment, but I feel others get a hard time for no good reason.
Agreed. That's something that needs to change in future.

Agreed. That's something that needs to change in future.
Of course we should be respectful to guests who support other teams.
It’s a two way street though, Ric.
I’ve lost count of the Liverpool fans who sign up and within a dozen posts start to take the piss.
They think they’re being subtle about it but you’d have to be an idiot to not pick up on it.
The forum would be a lot better for having more supporters from other clubs getting involved in discussions without resorting to ‘City bingo’ - sadly most can’t help themselves and slip up early doors.
Overall I agree with GDMs post. I know loads of Liverpool fans who are absolutely top lads in real life - fuck, for my sins I have a son who lives there so have spent enough time there.
Sadly they don’t tend to represent their club on SM so you’re left with a load of dickheads who wouldn’t be able to pick out Liverpool on a map giving it the big one.

I'd agree that most of them end up trolling and get kicked off, but I think there's more to it. By discouraging the ones who start talking football, and fighting with the others, it means we don't get many who want to talk football but get a good few who are on the wind-up - be it obvious, subtle or playing the long game. That leads to a zero tolerance from some BMers who attack anybody new straight away and perpetuate the situation. Add to that a loud minority of City fans who relish the opportunity to be exactly what they claim all 'pool fans are, and also claim to hate, and the and result is a shite thread.
No harm in ranting, relating stories of obnoxious red scouse people have had to endure, but when it then turns into another dozen pages of poor-mans RAWK the thread, and the forum, is worse for it.
I'm just saying give new posters a chance. If they turn out to be arseholes they will get hounded out by everyone here, and the mods do a decent job of sorting the wheat from the chaff.
Nice to hear you took up my suggestion of a second thread. Maybe we should start a petition? Or is that 'doing what we claim to hate' ;)
Although your motives and viewpoints are logical, and honourable; and there are a number of Liverpool fans who can talk about football without resorting to schoolyard "my teams bigger than your team" talk. We all suspect that most of their fan base will resort to the type of childish point scoring when a balanced, coherant and justified counter point is made against them.
Years of preferential treatment in the press have clouded their own opinions of themselves as a club and fan base. When they are not fully called out for the things they have done, and when the press over glorify their under achievements then they lose perspective on what is valid comment, preferring the 'offended outrage' route as soon as the black clouds of criticism roll in. They have become unable to self criticise, not just individually, but has a whole fan base, it's like a type of apostasy. Whoever likened their fan base to a cult was bang on the money!!
Liverpool fans can come here in peace, I have no issue with that, but the baggage that comes with them is hard for our fan base to understand or entertain.
Nothing in the last ten years has changed my view on this, and I can't see it getting any better in the next ten, either!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.