Headphones/earphones

shevtheblue

I have a bit of an obsession with headphones & earphones. I can't help myself from buying them, it started off with looking for the cheapest earphones i could find with the best sound, but i've also dipped into some slightly more expensive ones. I have managed to stop myself from spending ridiculous money which would get me killed by the missus, but its still not healthy.

Up until now i have:

-KZ ATE earphones
-Soundmagic E10 earphones
-Plantronics backbeat wireless headphones
-RHA MA650s earphones
-Sennheiser HD595 headphones
-Sony WH-1000mx3 wireless headphones
-Koss Porta Pro headphones
-Hobest wireless earbuds

I've probably missed out a few there but these have been bought over a 3 year period. Anyone else and any suggestions for good sounding cheap(ish) ones?

I have long been on the lookout for an upgrade for bluetooth headphones that can be used for exercise/working out etc from my very dated Sony MW600. But after trying many, I still prefer the form factor & sound of my Sony

I have long been on the lookout for an upgrade for bluetooth headphones that can be used for exercise/working out etc from my very dated Sony MW600. But after trying many, I still prefer the form factor & sound of my Sony
I use the Sony WH-1000mx3's for working out, although you probably wouldn't want to sweat too much on them considering the price! They noise cancellation is brilliant, sound is excellent and i've not had them fall off my head yet. The Plantronics are cheap and have good noise cancelling as well, a bit bass heavy so depends on your listening taste and i find them a bit on the heavy side but they're fine for lifting weights or rowing, probably not for running though. Plantronics also do backbeat fit versions that are sweat proof and inner ear instead of over hear, they're supposed to be good.

Yeah, I have gone through B&O, Bose, Plantronics, beats, Moshi, Jabra, Jaybirds, JBL & Sennheiser to no avail really - there's always one aspect that makes them less than ideal. Surprising considering how old my Sony's are, I just assumed the landscape would be filled with better options - not the case in my experience. Fortunately we have good return policies here in Switzerland but truth is I am just waiting for something new to appear on the horizon

For me, priorities are in this order:

1) Sound
2) Form factor + comfort
3) Connectivity
4) Build quality, longevity/reliability
5) Ability to answer phone calls as well
6) Battery Life
7) Sweat/Water resistance - Exercise suitability

Airpods are not bad but I think the sound quality is a tremendous step down from either what I have or competitors

Yeah, I have gone through B&O, Bose, Plantronics, beats, Moshi, Jabra, Jaybirds, JBL & Sennheiser to no avail really - there's always one aspect that makes them less than ideal. Surprising considering how old my Sony's are, I just assumed the landscape would be filled with better options - not the case in my experience. Fortunately we have good return policies here in Switzerland but truth is I am just waiting for something new to appear on the horizon

For me, priorities are in this order:

1) Sound
2) Form factor + comfort
3) Connectivity
4) Build quality, longevity/reliability
5) Ability to answer phone calls as well
6) Battery Life
7) Sweat/Water resistance - Exercise suitability

Airpods are not bad but I think the sound quality is a tremendous step down from either what I have or competitors
Have go on the 1000mx2's or 3's in your local store, while they're not sweat proof you can buy replaceable cushions that are or just cushion covers.

Audio-Technica ATH SR30BT. Great little set for just shy of 100 quid.

Nuraphone are releasing an inner ear called the Nuraloop later in the year. One to look out for.
SR30BT's look a bit like my Plantronics pair, what is the sound like?

I really wanted to try the Nuraphones but couldn't find anywhere to try them out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.