Ndombele (signed for Spurs)

Bravo, Danilo this season, and we lose Gundogan, Fernandinho and Silva next season. Hell, I’d sell Mahrez, if it was up to me, but we’d lose our shirts on him. And, there’s a good chance Sané is gone, too!

Clearly, comings and goings, but the CM/DM position is KEY for Pep’s play, so if needed, you sacrifice elsewhere to get your midfield set for the next 5+ years!!

Bravo is staying this year so no dice there, besides the two youngsters (Steffen and the Irish lad) we've bought are foreign so looks like we'll have a foreign spot being taken up by our backup keeper for the forseeable future anyway.

Danilo is probably staying also. I'd chin him off and buy Wan Bissaka, not because I think he's any better but because it'll lock in a homegrown slot for years to come. Either way doesn't look like he's going anywhere now Inter have cooled their interest and even if he was the links are to Cancelo who would take the same foreign slot.

Gundogan looks like he will extend so nothing there either.

Just don't have the spot for Ndombele anywhere. Especially not this season.

Bravo is staying this year so no dice there, besides the two youngsters (Steffen and the Irish lad) we've bought are foreign so looks like we'll have a foreign spot being taken up by our backup keeper for the forseeable future anyway.

Danilo is probably staying also. I'd chin him off and buy Wan Bissaka, not because I think he's any better but because it'll lock in a homegrown slot for years to come. Either way doesn't look like he's going anywhere now Inter have cooled their interest and even if he was the links are to Cancelo who would take the same foreign slot.

Gundogan looks like he will extend so nothing there either.

Just don't have the spot for Ndombele anywhere. Especially not this season.
Bravo is most likely staying but that does not mean he will get a squad place, Muric is Club trained and needed for the CL quotas, we could buy Butland for £20 million and turn him into England's no1 if we need Association trained, the two foreign lads will almost certainly go on loan, first team game time being more important than reserves

Bravo is most likely staying but that does not mean he will get a squad place, Muric is Club trained and needed for the CL quotas, we could buy Butland for £20 million and turn him into England's no1 if we need Association trained, the two foreign lads will almost certainly go on loan, first team game time being more important than reserves

Sorry you really think we're keeping Clownio on 100 grand a week and not giving him a squad place? Ludicrous.

Those two lads will probably go on loan, I was saying that they'll never be homegrown so regardless of which season we use them, if we do they will be foreign and taking up a foreign slot. So there wouldn't even be a place for Ndombele 2 or 3 or 4 years down the line if thats where you were planning on getting it by chinning off bravo.

Papers say Muric will go on loan and Bravo will be backup, I'm inclined to believe them because Muric owes us nothing after fucking his loan last year and isn't going to be content sitting on the bench again. The football world doesn't seem to produce Richard Wrights any more.

Butland can't play with his feet so he'd be about as much use as a chocolate teapot in goal for us. If we wanted someone who'd be useless in our system but is English we may as let me play there. Or mighty Joe.

Sorry you really think we're keeping Clownio on 100 grand a week and not giving him a squad place? Ludicrous.

Those two lads will probably go on loan, I was saying that they'll never be homegrown so regardless of which season we use them, if we do they will be foreign and taking up a foreign slot. So there wouldn't even be a place for Ndombele 2 or 3 or 4 years down the line if thats where you were planning on getting it by chinning off bravo.

Papers say Muric will go on loan and Bravo will be backup, I'm inclined to believe them because Muric owes us nothing after fucking his loan last year and isn't going to be content sitting on the bench again. The football world doesn't seem to produce Richard Wrights any more.

Butland can't play with his feet so he'd be about as much use as a chocolate teapot in goal for us. If we wanted someone who'd be useless in our system but is English we may as let me play there. Or mighty Joe.
Paying Bravo £ 100 grand a week and then losing a Club trained and not getting a cheap association trained player is compounding the outfield problem, we have no choice but to pay Bravo, but we have a choice in whether we lose a foreign spot in a position that will not get used

Paying Bravo £ 100 grand a week and then losing a Club trained and not getting a cheap association trained player is compounding the outfield problem, we have no choice but to pay Bravo, but we have a choice in whether we lose a foreign spot in a position that will not get used

If we keep Bravo and Muric and just put Bravo out to stud and not play him I will eat my hat.

I think Pep thinks having Bravo as back up is more important than a hg spot. This past season when it came down the stretch in the FA and League cup he went with Ederson in both comps instead of Muric because he even said he thought the opposition would press and needed the build up play. When Bravo was our back up keeper he was fine with him playing Bravo all the way through both comps. Even though Muric is a better shot stopper Pep clearly feels having a keeper who's good with his feet is important. No different then when he let Joe go the first season. If Ederson gets injured he wants Bravo for the build up play.

Unless Delph is moved on then it doesn't matter whether we sign up a HG player to boost numbers. For EPL games yes, but Europe NO unless we use CT players instead. It would be destructive in the squad if four of our HG players have no place in our Euro squad, so I think Pep will stick with 21 players plus youngsters like Foden.

I think Pep thinks having Bravo as back up is more important than a hg spot. This past season when it came down the stretch in the FA and League cup he went with Ederson in both comps instead of Muric because he even said he thought the opposition would press and needed the build up play. When Bravo was our back up keeper he was fine with him playing Bravo all the way through both comps. Even though Muric is a better shot stopper Pep clearly feels having a keeper who's good with his feet is important. No different then when he let Joe go the first season. If Ederson gets injured he wants Bravo for the build up play.
Feel free to tell me i am wrong but Bravo was not bought for his kicking, it is crap, if Pep wanted a goalie for his kicking he would have kept Cabellero whose kicking was and is far superior, Pep bought in Bravo because he knew he understood Peps style of play
It was obvious even from the start that Bravo was over the hill but Pep has loyalty and two years off the scene he is not going to improve Muric is better and getting better

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.