Rodrigo Hernandez - Atletico confirm deal - p192

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't be surprised to see Pep go with Rodri and Fern in a starting 11, against Spurs or Liverpool away.

A rarity for Pep, I know but it will be good to have that option, where Liverpool for instance to start with their workmanlike midfield three across the middle.

I think Fern as a number 8, on occasion in the same team as Rodri, would give us even more balance defensively against certain sides, but also unlock the attacking quality Fern has in his locker, particularly when he was at
Shaktar, where he was brilliant as an attacking midfielder.

From what I've seen (and I'd suggest you take his Spain and Villarreal performances as more of a barometer for us than his Atletico ones - where he's often partnered with another DM and not tasked with the same sort of responsibilities or receive as much of the ball), If you made a spectrum between Matic (when he was good) and Busquets in terms of style, Rodri would probably sit around 70% towards Busquets

I don't think you can make Dinho comparisons as Dinho goes about his defensive duties differently.

I think this lad is far more mobile than Matic and or Busquets.
He is good on the ball like Fern and will have are keeper, the cbs and take your pick from are number 8 s around him to help out with breaking lines and ball circulation and retention.
He may take time settling but ultimately I think he ll fit City's system well.

I'd rather go with his current Atletico form over the course of last season as an indication of what we're getting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.