Generation rent

And some of them - with Scargill and NUM at the forefront - betrayed their members to pursue their own political ends.

Who are your working class Tories by the way? Property owners? Ones who want to stand on their own two feet? Ones who invested a few bob? How utterly inconsiderate of them.
The ones who sold their grandad kids futures down the river ? Real greedy basrards who didn't have the brains to think of the consequence

In terms of the housing issue my opinion which I consider very valid as I make a living in the industry is as follows.

Clearly a huge social housing programme is needed.
Buy to let should continue to be made less attractive via tax and stamp duty rises. The government have already made significant moves in this area.
Use of modular housing solutions should be explored as a way to build the quantum of houses we require.
Oh and make developers have a 20% affordable ratio on every development irrespective of viability.

When you stop trying to be funny and edgy, you come across as quite intelligent.

Drop the clown act and the faux tory trolling and post sensibly, the above shows there is a decent educated poster somewhere within you.

When you stop trying to be funny and edgy, you come across as quite intelligent.

Drop the clown act and the faux tory trolling and post sensibly, the above shows there is a decent educated poster somewhere within you.

I don’t think there is within you. Your views are too extreme. No need for the insults.i think I have mentioned the Tory party maybe ten times in the last 6 months on this forum.

The housing issue is not a political party issue particularly. The huge number of net immigration over the past thirty years has clearly put pressure on the housing stock over the past twenty years.

Doing my bit today anyway - off to build a few more.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t think there is within you. Your views are too extreme. No need for the insults.i think I have mentioned the Tory party maybe ten times in the last 6 months on this forum.

The housing issue is not a political party issue particularly. The huge number of net immigration over the past thirty years has clearly put pressure on the housing stock over the past twenty years.

Any social housing quotas being met today?

I don’t think there is within you. Your views are too extreme. No need for the insults.
Don't bother getting into any di

Wasting your time with him!

I've been in work for 2 years out of uni, and am in the (slow/painful) process of buying currently. Mainly because I've now been offered a job that keeps me in one area for 5-6 years, throwing money into a mortgage at least will feel like I should see some of it back.

The people we're buying from actually thought we were just time wasters given our age and the property we're buying. But we'd just been sensible for a couple of years and each saved a good chunk of our wages for 18 months, created and put in max amounts each month into a HTB ISA and by that stage we had enough deposit for any property limited by the HTB ISA ceiling.

Not sure how confident I am that I'll see any increase in the house price over the 5-6 years I'll have it, but over that period it would cost me around £50,000-£60,000 in rent so it seems a good decision either way.

Where are you building? I'm in ancoats loads going up, currently on Murray mill.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.