The NHS Appreciation Thread

Greatest organisation in the world! Staffed by nurses who are angels. What would we do without it ? Sick to ******* death of people running it down. The government needs to get its prioritises in order, more funding for the NHS and the 5'0 are top of the charts. Rant over.

The fact you're a ward inspector at Salford and don't recognise the NHS is abused and the staff are abused, is deeply concerning.
But how many out of the millions who use it in a 24hr period? I working in A&E for years and yes you get it there,some are drunk and stoned but most are ill,scared,provide examples if you are going to make this point

Can you give some examples of this abuse please? I’m not sure what you mean

People who say they cannot work when they can (medical certificates); deliberately getting over the counter things on a prescription because they don’t want to spend a couple of quid; arriving late for and not turning up for appointments; people making complaints just because they can

People who say they cannot work when they can (medical certificates); deliberately getting over the counter things on a prescription because they don’t want to spend a couple of quid; arriving late for and not turning up for appointments; people making complaints just because they can
How do you know they can work, are you a consultant or did the sun tell you

The NHS is great, has always looked after me when I need it, however as the general state of medical funding and organisation has been ripped apart and fucked up by governments, we areseeing it over worked more than abused.

My GP is a 3 week wait so if you are sick it's off to A&E out patients as 111 is shite and the excelent idea of walk in centres that new labour had, have been shut down bar two
People are not educated anymore on simple ways to cope when sick, the easy life culture we have built sees people with a sniffle go to A&E rather than look after themselves.
Add to that people are living longer and our society promotes ill health.

One example of abuse I know of is staff sickness, also carers and domestic leave used by staff ( all of which they are paid ),all of them used and abused by the same minority of staff year after year ,and the management and HR do quite literally nothing about said staff,probably because they know they cannot replace if they sack them.It leaves the rest of us demoralised and morale at rock bottem,Im on band 2 just moved up from band 1

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.