Phil Foden - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe City needs to put 200m release clause for him , its how other clubs in Europe market their players :)

His problem last night was that the players he's surrounded by just aren't good enough to give him the ball. The number of times i watched him show for the ball and the player took the easy option and passed it 5 years sideways. You could see his frustration on a number of occasions. When he did get the ball he was head and shoulders englands best player and him and Auoar were comfortably the best players on the pitch.

Overall its great experience for him, and what it shows is when in that city midfield surrounded by the likes of KDB, Bernardo, Fern etc, he will get the ball in those positions and truely has the skill and ability to be an absolute star in our side. Whether he can do that for England is more about other players for me, not his ability.

Huge career ahead for this lad.

Lovely, lovely goal. The ball almost looks like it is tied to his bootlace. I love the way he glides across the field so effortlessly, such a lovely player to watch. What impresses me the most is his attitude. He presses like a little terrier as well off the ball and doesn't shy away from the dirty work at all.

He just looked a class above out there in comparison with most of his other teammates. He deserves to be playing for the senior side already IMO. When you look at Delph, Dier, Lingard etc getting England caps, why isn't Foden in that side already? He is an absolute gem.

I just don't understand though why Demarai Gray and Ryan Sessegnon start above Harvey Barnes and Reiss Nelson. Sessegnon has to be the most overrated, overhyped player i have seen for a long, long time. Just don't see what he offers whatsoever. Take the pace away from Gray and he is a league one player at best. As for Solanke, well... the less i speak about him the better.

As for Houssem Aouar, i hope Pep is monitoring him closely, what a talent he looks. Best player on the pitch for me last night, just a shame Foden has too many cloggers around him.

Agreed.

The U21 midfield 3 are probably better than the 3 we play in the main squad.
Creatively ..yes...but i suppose the hard yards/tactical discipline keeps workhorses like henderson at the front of southgates thinking.
I think a combination of styles is needed to let Foden flourish at full international level.
Foden has been unique in that City has been too difficult a midfield to get into,whilst imo he has been good enough to walk into englands midfield,and its a disgrace he hasnt featured,even fleetingly ,in friendlies and low grade matches over the last 12 months at least.
This is a player who can dribble with the best of them,pick a pass,and shows adroit finishing to round off superb approach play....He is already schooled in playing out from the back....,and keeping possession...so why is he in the u21s and not the full squad.?

Anyway ,just good to see him prove to be head nd shoulders(creatively) above anybody in the u21s.
I note the bbc online decided not to go with Fodens goal as a headline...how bizzare..probably the best goal scored at any level for England for over a decade..imagine if mr beanz had scored that....

Creatively ..yes...but i suppose the hard yards/tactical discipline keeps workhorses like henderson at the front of southgates thinking.
I think a combination of styles is needed to let Foden flourish at full international level.
Foden has been unique in that City has been too difficult a midfield to get into,whilst imo he has been good enough to walk into englands midfield,and its a disgrace he hasnt featured,even fleetingly ,in friendlies and low grade matches over the last 12 months at least.
This is a player who can dribble with the best of them,pick a pass,and shows adroit finishing to round off superb approach play....He is already schooled in playing out from the back....,and keeping possession...so why is he in the u21s and not the full squad.?

Anyway ,just good to see him prove to be head nd shoulders(creatively) above anybody in the u21s.
I note the bbc online decided not to go with Fodens goal as a headline...how bizzare..probably the best goal scored at any level for England for over a decade..imagine if mr beanz had scored that....

Mr Beanz lacks the talent to score a goal like that. He should stick to freaky dancing.

This has to be Foden's breakthrough season , he showed last night that he is ready for the big stage , no matter who we sign he has to start a minimum of 50% of our games to keep progressing , ive watched hundreds of England players over the years and he is the most naturally gifted i have seen in a three lions shirt , he is poetry in motion and is going to be not only an England great but one of the best in the world , no pressure from me then :)

No need for him to be rushed into the England squad (or play too much for us) until he's physically ready.

He's getting stronger but IMO he's still got some way to go and this stage is the most important to prevent any potential long-term issues.

These young talents need protecting as otherwise they'll end up like Michael Owen and suffer from recurring problems. Rooney ended up looking like a 35 year old at 25 because of playing too much, too soon with enormous pressure.

On the positive side, the club are doing a brilliant job with him and he's an incredible footballer. He'll be up there with the very best if he keeps developing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.