United thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hilarious if this is true:

One job i had years ago, your annual pay rise was awarded (or not) dependant on performance related targets.
"so Paul.... You havent really hit heights for us this season and the club went from 2nd to 6th and won nothing. So there is no pay rise this year....."
"But Ed, I won the world cup with France..."
"Good point Paul. We'd like to give you a rise from £295K to 500K per week"

One of my favourite banners from the past

ilvbfd.jpg

Funny when Italian clubs come in for our players they try and low ball and take the piss but going for the scum players straight in there with bids the scum want.

Actually hope Pogba stays. He’s so ineffective the majority of the time and overrated that he still wouldn’t do anything if they brought in a rule that said no opposition player is allowed within 10feet of Pogba at any time.

Best thing United could do right now is to get rid of him, get a big wedge of cash and invest it in promising players (because no top player would choose them) and build a functional if not spectacular team to get them back to fourth which is quite achievable given Chelsea’s current situation, spurs’ unwillingness to spend and habit of bottling it and arsenal being arsenal.
Exactly. I've been saying this to my rag mates for the last couple of months (and have absolutely loved the looks on their faces as it slowly dawns on them that I'm 100% right).

United's ongoing malaise stems from their complete delusion about where they currently stand. In the last 6 seasons, the gap between them and the eventual champions has been 32 points, 19 points, 24 points, 15 points, 17 points, and 22 points. They have been nowhere near challenging for a title in all that time, yet they enter each transfer window thinking they're just one big signing away from turning things round.

The likes of Pogba and Sanchez are the final touches you add to an already successful team; they're not the characters you build things around from the start. This is where players like Gareth Barry, Nigel De Jong and Craig Bellamy are worth their weight in gold.

As much as their egos won't allow them to do this, United need to forget about the title for now. They're a million miles away from that and need to adjust their targets accordingly. Like us in 2008, their focus should be squarely on getting into the top 4 and then building from there to get up to 2nd/3rd, and so on. That challenge requires a certain type of player/mindset, and they seem completely incapable of identifying what that is.

The first stage is accepting where you stand. Once they do that, they shouldn't find it too difficult to build that functional if not spectacular team you talk about.

But as long as they continue thinking they can just take one giant step back to the top, they will remain a footballing irrelevance. Long may it last.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.