It's Quiet 32 - enter at own risk

Yep and if and when the young lad makes a balls up one game the same people will be crying saying he’s not good enough and we should get rid

Bravo never really had a chance. The media were on him from the start because Pep had the audacity to identify that Hart England's number one would not be an asset in the system the was looking to implement.

A fair few of the fans were bitter about this decision too not realising at the time it was the right decision.

Therefore it became a waiting game for the media and those fans unhappy about Harts departure.

A waiting game to scrutinise every mistake and villify the guy for every loss. I don't think the treatment Bravo received was personal to him, whoever took over from Hart would have got the same. This is not to say that Bravo has not been without blame he was partly.

However, he was hardly given much support in his first year and had no chance once the media news cycle had every mistake he made on a constant loop.

The media did not like that Pep came to City and were even more unhappy that Pep was putting two up to fingers to England's finest.

They wanted their pound of flesh and they got it with the help of are fans who were unable to suss out that undermining Bravo was the media's way into undermining Pep descions and that of the club.

I was hardly over the moon with Bravos performances ar rines, however, the context was that he kept net during that first transitional year when are team did not have a scobby do about the new system and took the season along with poor results to work it out.

Further take your pick out of the following, I may have missed one or two but 4 out of these players below generally lined up in front of Bravos in his year:
Clichy, Kolarov, Sagna, Komps, Ottamendi, Stones Zabeleta.

Kolarov started a fair few games at centre half as well as filling in on the left at times and Zabba and Clichy along with Sagna were the main fullbacks.

A further ageing maestro named Yaya Toure also played a fair few games in midfield.

Taking into account the above I'm no expert but I think it's a fair bet to say Pat Jennings, Peter Shilton and or Dino Zoff would have struggled at City in their first year never mind Bravo.

the problem with bravo was one of unluckiness imo,we dominated matches but would then concede to every shot,most of them being bravo being exposed by our defence and midfield,pep has adjusted our play we look more solid then we did in his first season, he didn't really make any clangers, but the fans lost confidence in him, which transmitted onto the pitch,our defence got nervous and so did bravo , he is a very good GK and never really let us down when he has played.

the problem with bravo was one of unluckiness imo,we dominated matches but would then concede to every shot,most of them being bravo being exposed by our defence and midfield,pep has adjusted our play we look more solid then we did in his first season, he didn't really make any clangers, but the fans lost confidence in him, which transmitted onto the pitch,our defence got nervous and so did bravo , he is a very good GK and never really let us down when he has played.
You could have saved me 10 mins. Spot on. Nailed it.

I think I had these same arguments a couple years back. I will probably need to watch back the goals we conceded that year but plenty seemed to be ones he could just do nothing about.

That stat of 9 goals conceded in 10 shots faced or whatever it was looks bad but if we conceded 10 shots in the year what can he do. He rarely had to make any saves because we had the ball so much, the one occasion we seemed to lose it we would be torn open and there was nothing he could do to stop it.

Ederson suffers a bit of the same, he either concedes worldies or just ones he can't do much about, you would probably see again that his shot to save ratio is lower than expected.

Compare the stats with someone like Pickford who at Sunderland conceded a ton of goals and shots but made about 100 saves a match, makes his stats look great and got everyone raving about his performances in the same year.

Spot on. Trouble is, some idiots love it when a player is targeted. I’ve listened to long term season ticket holders around me who can’t wait for a mistake so they can laugh & take the piss. It’s happened forever eg Bowyer ( who moved & won E Cup) Edgehill; even Goater was pilloried at first!

Bravo never really had a chance. The media were on him from the start because Pep had the audacity to identify that Hart England's number one would not be an asset in the system the was looking to implement.

A fair few of the fans were bitter about this decision too not realising at the time it was the right decision.

Therefore it became a waiting game for the media and those fans unhappy about Harts departure.

A waiting game to scrutinise every mistake and villify the guy for every loss. I don't think the treatment Bravo received was personal to him, whoever took over from Hart would have got the same. This is not to say that Bravo has not been without blame he was partly.

However, he was hardly given much support in his first year and had no chance once the media news cycle had every mistake he made on a constant loop.

The media did not like that Pep came to City and were even more unhappy that Pep was putting two up to fingers to England's finest.

They wanted their pound of flesh and they got it with the help of are fans who were unable to suss out that undermining Bravo was the media's way into undermining Pep descions and that of the club.

I was hardly over the moon with Bravos performances ar rines, however, the context was that he kept net during that first transitional year when are team did not have a scobby do about the new system and took the season along with poor results to work it out.

Further take your pick out of the following, I may have missed one or two but 4 out of these players below generally lined up in front of Bravos in his year:

Kolarov started a fair few games at centre half as well as filling in on the left at times and Zabba and Clichy along with Sagna were the main fullbacks.

A further ageing maestro named Yaya Toure also played a fair few games in midfield.

Taking into account the above I'm no expert but I think it's a fair bet to say Pat Jennings, Peter Shilton and or Dino Zoff would have struggled at City in their first year never mind Bravo.

Great post.

Spot on. Trouble is, some idiots love it when a player is targeted. I’ve listened to long term season ticket holders around me who can’t wait for a mistake so they can laugh & take the piss. It’s happened forever eg Bowyer ( who moved & won E Cup) Edgehill; even Goater was pilloried at first!
everyones an expert :)

I will support bravo as long as he is wearing the shirt and always have, I am happy he will be staying as number 2 as he knows peps style and that will be very useful in training. But if I am honest I would prefer muric to start if ederson is out. Bravo had a difficult first season the physicality of the league and what refs deem as fouls wasn't what he was used to and his small frame for a keeper left him at a disadvantage. Yes his defence left him exposed but he could have done much better.

I haven't previously agreed with some of the stuff you post but this is spot on, on every level.

New system still in infancy, many mistakes being made
Aging back 4 leaving him exposed far too often
Replacing Joe
Press wanting pep to fail
etc etc

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.