Oleksandr Zinchenko signs new five year contract

Zin has really won everyone over, hasn't he? He's done very well in a position that is not naturally his own. However, I can't help wondering how much actual game time he's going to get next season, if we get the full backs we want, and Mendy comes back to any decent level of fitness. I'd love to see him in midfield, but it's frankly crowded. For me, he's on that margin between being a squad player, and downright a member of the starting eleven. He's probably not quite good enough to be in the latter, but too good to be in the former, sitting out game after game. Of course, there'll be plenty of cup games, but for me he's a bit too good to be limited to those.

Zin's a great fella and an important part of the squad. Albrighton gave him the hardest 90 mins of his life in that Leicester home match but his head never dropped. Well rewarded.

I don't mean to do him a disservice when I say this, but as a utility player moving forward he could be worth his weight in gold - a player that can, if needed, be called to do a very good job in several positions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.