Is war imminent

This is why it will be nothing more than sabre rattling with some ship sunk and drones lost. The yanks and NATO didn’t have the stomach to get involved with Syria as it would have been a disaster. They pick and chose the easy walk over wars like Afghanistan, Iraq and Libya, or least they think that as the exit strategy from each one has resulted in more of a shit storm happening than the military action itself.

Taking on Iran would be reckless for where it could end up, they’ve been causing mischief for decades and never faced any other recourse but sanctions.

Iran has upped the heat and lashed out because of the pain they are feeling from sanctions.

They were in the middle of an economic boom following the Iran nuclear deal but Trumps sanctions has meant they are virtually heading for recession.

Obviously they don't want to appear as weak and give in but there is always an obvious way out for them which is to comply with US demands.

It will not end in war because war would be the last thing Iran would want and the US to be honest couldn't care less about a war with Iran.

*Please note I don’t think the following will happen nor do I want it to*

I honestly think that IF the Yanks wanted to roll over Iran like they did against Iraq (and Russia stay out of it) then the conventional war would last about two to three weeks. There’s never been a more hi tech, modern fighting force. Their air power alone would reduce the Iranian’s military command and control to rubble in a night. The only countries that would stand a chance against the Yanks would be Russia and China and that’s entirely due to man power.

Yeah but iran has planned and expected this for decades since GW2 also Iran would know america would relly on saudi and israeli air bases because they could tactically block and cause plenty of damage in the persian gulf and would have no quams bombing the two countries air bases hinder american air strikes.

Plus they have over the syrian conflict set up many splinter allies across the area, no telling what they have hidden in the dessert to repel air strikes even reaching them.

Add that to the fact Iran is a fuck off massive place and would certainly constript some of it's 82M citizens into service.

The yanks could probably win, with such a larger force and equiptment, but imho it would be along and bloody conflict of 2-3 years minimum, and would see people lose the will to continue.

In Iraq their army colapsed imediately, the revolutionary guard won't and Iran has trained in guerilla amd terrorist conflict for decades and trained others cannot see them falling without a real fight.

Then again I could be wrong and Iran would be crushed within a month.

Last edited:
Yeah but iran has planned and expected this for decades since GW2 also Iran would know america would relly on saudi and israeli air bases because they could tactically block and cause plenty of damage in the persian gulf and would have no quams bombing the two countries air bases hinder american air strikes.

The US airbase is in Qatar. A major trading partner of Iran’s. (which is part of the reason I can’t see it escalating). They moved from Saudi as many Muslims didn’t like the infidels on the land of the Holy Place.

Plus they have over the syrian conflict set up many splinter allies across the area, no telling what they have hidden in the dessert to repel air strikes even reaching them.

The US will know exactly what and where everything is. Their land mass will he mapped and monitored like you wouldn’t believe. Every SAM site and radar will be clocked and logged and would all be the first to go.

Add that to the fact Iran is a fuck off massive place and would certainly constript some of it's 82M citizens into service.

It being a massive and open place would be its undoing.

In Iraq their army colapsed imediately, the revolutionary guard won't and Iran has trained in guerilla amd terrorist conflict for decades and trained others cannot see them falling without a real fight.

People said the same of the Iraqi Republican Guard.

Anyway, we are both only theorising and neither wants us to be proven right or wrong I’m sure.

The US airbase is in Qatar. A major trading partner of Iran’s. (which is part of the reason I can’t see it escalating). They moved from Saudi as many Muslims didn’t like the infidels on the land of the Holy Place.

The US will know exactly what and where everything is. Their land mass will he mapped and monitored like you wouldn’t believe. Every SAM site and radar will be clocked and logged and would all be the first to go.

It being a massive and open place would be its undoing.

People said the same of the Iraqi Republican Guard.

Anyway, we are both only theorising and neither wants us to be proven right or wrong I’m sure.

Of course hopefully all are just doing the usual round of sabre rattling to try and impress their followers.

The yanks could probably win, with such a larger force and equiptment, but imho it would be along and bloody conflict of 2-3 years minimum, and would see people lose the will to continue.

Then again I could be wrong and Iran would be crushed within a month.

The Americans would flatten Iran within a few weeks. There’s only so much Iran can do against the US naval and air power.

No doubt Putin is egging Iran on to divert from Russia murdering the innocents on MH17.. Do the Russian people not ever catch on that denial of anything by their Government may not actually be true.

No doubt Putin is egging Iran on to divert from Russia murdering the innocents on MH17.. Do the Russian people not ever catch on that denial of anything by their Government may not actually be true.

Russians are proud of their country and will back it by turning a blind eye to many things, strangely us Brits have done the same over past decades too, as have many other countries.

Us humans are fickle things

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.