It's Quiet 32 - enter at own risk

A little off topic but Maffeo has re signed for Girona
Obviously he's familiar with Girona but I'm really surprised he couldn't have found a club in La Liga to take a chance on him for that amount.

Also talk about bad transfers, he was Stuttgart's record signing less than a year ago, and now he's on loan with an option to buy to the segunda divison

Obviously he's familiar with Girona but I'm really surprised he couldn't have found a club in La Liga to take a chance on him for that amount.

Also talk about bad transfers, he was Stuttgart's record signing less than a year ago, and now he's on loan with an option to buy to the segunda divison

Certainly has to do with his ban from 1st team training in Suttgart.
Maybe other clubs want to see first that he is ready for a new start of his career
showing a 1st class attitude on and off the pitch.
Weird story anyway.

Stuttgart is a piss poor managed club. Would have went south for them sooner or later.
Didn't help Much that the club had no faith in him and droppped him way too soon...

I’m still not sold on Maguire, not for the price we’re likely to shell out. Admittedly I haven’t seen him week in week out.

Southgate will be desperate for it.

I don't think I've been more suspicious or doubtful of a transfer in a long, long time. Definitely not a Pep transfer.

I hope he'll work out, I just really don't think he will. Fingers crossed he proves me completely wrong.

kicker say 1 year loan to Girona for about €800k including a buying option.

I said yesterday we should buy Maffeo back for what we paid Stuttgart and send him back to Girona.

I guess they cut out the middleman. He'll be fine and go on to be a top RB.

Presumably nobody wants to compensate for Stuttgart’s losses so a loan gets him out and back playing football. If he can recapture his form, he should find a move more easily next summer.

Concerning Bravo I would like to add the human side of the situation.

He is 36, last year at City ahead, wife and 3 school kids in Manchester.
I think Pep will give him this last year and let the family go where ever they want afterwards.
Muric should go on loan to get minutes and come back afterwards as a club-trained home grown second keeper.

Pep won't put pressure on Bravo to kick him out, we will respect his last year.
If there are insury issues about Bravo we have to adjust, simply.

Perhaps Pep seems him as an ideal goal keeper coach in the future and influential decorated player in the dressing room

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.